End User Computing Engineer - East Windsor, NJ
McGraw-Hill Education is a digital learning company that draws on its more than 100 years of educational expertise to offer solutions which improve learning outcomes around the world. McGraw-Hill Education is the adaptive education technology leader with the vision for creating a highly personalized learning experience that prepares students of all ages for the world that awaits. The Company has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in more than 65 languages. For additional information, visit http://careers.mheducation.com/
The End User Computing Engineer will be part of the Global Infrastructure Team in McGraw-Hill Education’s Global Technology Services team and provide expertise, design, engineering, internal Level 3 support, and troubleshooting (as needed / required) for MHE’s End User Computing services.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Plan, design, and engineer desktop imaging strategy for Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Plan, design, and engineer System Management Strategy for Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Work with third party service provider to oversee Apple Mac desktop management.
- Work with third party service provider to govern security of the End User Computing environment, including patches, anti-virus, and malware protection.
- Set strategic direction on McGraw-Hill Education’s End User Computing technologies.
- Act as Level 4 support for End User Computing technologies.
- Work with IT colleagues and business users to understand current and future needs for End User Computing technology.
- Create/maintain new, and update existing, baseline build guides, technical drawings & schematics, infrastructure documentation, change requests, and test plans as required
- Develop and maintain comprehensive system and maintenance plans/documentation
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 8+ years of working experience in managing and supporting Microsoft Windows desktop environments
- 4+ years working experience with Microsoft Operating System imaging/build technologies
- 2+ years supporting & managing Microsoft SCCM
- Working knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory including but not limited to GPO, schema, and best practices
- Strong, technical working knowledge of Windows server OS, Enterprise Active Directory, PowerShell, DNS, DHCP, WINS, TCP/IP, SMTP, SNMP, PXE, NAT and network related technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Microsoft Certifications strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree preferred / not required
- In this position, the engineer could design, implement and maintain access to systems and applications working in close collaboration with other infrastructure teams, such as Information Security, Architecture, Server, Data and Storage.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!