Sales Rep at Large - California, Home, CA
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sales Representative at Large in Northern California supporting the Bay Area down to Monterey County and extending to the Central Valley.
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
The Sales Representative is responsible for managing sales for a variety of instructional materials /programs and services to private, parochial, and public schools /districts in the territory. This individual will create and execute strategic business territory plans that will increase sales according to company growth expectations. Work with Curriculum Specialists to design winning customer presentations.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Attain and surpass sales goal with the proven ability to develop to “advance” the sale and build customer relationships to maintain and expand market penetration.
- Create and execute marketing and strategic territory plans, with excellent organization and follow-through.
- Conduct successful sales presentations and conduct and coordinate in-service presentations.
- Understand how the business makes money and be able to negotiate and manage resources based on corporate policy and profitability.
- Proficiently use and adapt to multiple software, platforms and devices.
- Use appropriate written and verbal communication skills internally and externally to facilitate a desired outcome.
- Learn independently; conduct research, synthesize and apply information from a variety of resources.
- Work remotely, travel up to 75% of the time, by ground or air transportation, and includes overnight stays.
- Manage company resources, including the company-provided vehicle, company credit card and home office and computer equipment.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ experience in teaching, sales, marketing or solution services.
- Has evidence of handling multiple large projects at once.
- Has a deep understanding of the use of technology in an educational instructional environment as it relates to educational infrastructures such as platforms and curricula.
- Is a clear persuasive communicator.
- Demonstrate evidence of being organized, have territory management capabilities, and resolve issues and problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate evidence of networking in an organization (internally and externally).
- Microsoft software skills: Outlook and Power Point (basic), Word and Excel (intermediate).
- Experience with CRM database.
- Travel up to 75% of the time, with frequent overnight stays.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Have a valid driver's license.
We offer a competitive salary and uncapped bonus, a company car, and paid expenses, in addition to top-notch benefits. We provide Sales Representatives the opportunity for personal and professional growth and advancement at a company that is a recognized global leader.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!