Curriculum Specialist, Open Territory West - Washington, Home, WA
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Curriculum Specialist (Open Territory West) preferably based in the state of WA, OR, ID, CO, AZ or near a major metropolitan airport. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
Reporting to the Director, Professional Learning, the Curriculum Specialist (Open Territory West) will be responsible for providing educational expertise to the sales team and schools for the sale and implementation of a variety of instructional materials/programs and services to private, parochial, and public schools / districts.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports detailing sales activity and progress towards goals.
- Learning and demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of existing and new programs/products and being able to convey that knowledge to others in a short period of time.
- Following up on customer requests and identify/resolve concerns in a timely manner.
- Recognizing and understanding customer verbal cues and body language, able to handle any situation and objection with finesse, and maintain composure at all times.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the current trends and standards in education.
- Supporting sales colleagues in attending exhibits, educational conferences, etc.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BA/BS required or equivalent years of experience.
- Spanish fluency strongly desired, especially in some markets and with select product lines.
- Product experience or discipline experience will be required by the exact position.
- Professional, strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Microsoft software skills: Outlook (basic) Power Point (advanced and with knowledge of complimentary presentation products), Word (intermediate) and Excel (basic).
- Five years’ teaching experience.
- Three years’ teaching experience and three years in sales or marketing experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 80%.
- Master’s highly preferred. Recognized authors/published is a plus.
This individual will position themselves as credible with educators and know how to balance being the expert while maintaining a customer focus. You will strategize with sales colleagues on campaign planning and execution and to position products including meeting with teachers, district or higher level administrators and educator’s pre and post-sale and create and deliver explicit sales presentations that support the sales message. The Curriculum Specialist supports numerous other contacts with the customer including product in-services and professional developmental workshops for educators. At every interaction with the customer, you seek opportunities to advance the sale, close some sales, and/or upsell and find new revenue opportunities. As well, you will implement a consultative selling approach and understand value drivers and implicit and explicit questioning techniques. The Curriculum Specialist will create and deliver internal product and program training, as well as support pilot sales.
We offer a competitive salary and uncapped bonus, a company car, and paid expenses, in addition to top-notch benefits. We provide Sales Representatives the opportunity for personal and professional growth and advancement at a company that is a recognized global leader.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Idaho-Idaho, Home, North America-United States-Colorado-Colorado, Home, North America-United States-Oregon-Oregon, Home, North America-United States-Arizona-Arizona, Home