Senior Editor - Milan, Italy
Our Milan based Editorial team has a new opportunity, based on a 6 month fixed term contract, for a results-focused and tenacious Senior Editor. You will drive the portfolio strategy for Higher Education, specifically Science, Engineering and Math’s titles, by deeply understanding our customers, learning science capabilities, platforms, market and competitor intelligence. You will represent the voice of the customer for the portfolio, and using this data and insights, you will optimise the portfolio in alignment with business and strategic priorities.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the portfolio product strategy, employing principles of product lifecycle management, whilst advocating and promoting the portfolio to internal and external customers. The successful role holder will build networks for author acquisition and succession, subject matter expert identification and nurture influential customers.
A key accountability of the Portfolio Manager will be the successful execution of a competitive and strategic program to grow market share, ensuring that our products and content continually evolve to meet the needs of the market and our customers. This will include coaching internal and external stakeholders to enhance our digital transformation and identify new market opportunities.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Taking ownership for revenue and profitability of the regional product portfolio and collaborate with sales and marketing to meet or exceed our business goals.
- Identifying, developing and presenting effective business cases to support product lines and versions, innovations or enhancements, and new products and services.
- Promoting the portfolio to engage and excite the go-to-market teams through training presentations and workshops.
- Connecting, listening and researching the market to understand and meet our customer requirements to help sales and product performance.
- Responsibility for editorial development and production of digital and/or print products, ensuring each project meets the needs of the market, is achieved to schedule and in budget.
- Transitioning print products to digital versions and releases and contribute to digital optimisation efforts by embracing new technologies and establishing efficient processes for working with them.
What you’ll need to be successful.
- Demonstrable experience in learning science, publishing, educational technology, or in related product management position, including digital product management/development.
- Previous experience within the Higher Education sector would be preferred.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written Italian and English.
- Experience indirectly leading and motivating the work of others.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with postgraduate qualifications desirable.
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalised learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you have a natural mindset for creative problem-solving and solutions-focused, we want to talk to you.