Assistant Academic Designer, Reprints - Columbus, OH
The School Education Group, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, the leading provider of print and digital educational materials for grades PreK-8, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Academic Designer, Reprints for Elementary (K-5), Middle School (6-8), and High School (9-12) Science to work on a contractual basis. This position is part of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Learning Solution Center in Columbus, OH or Chicago, IL.
This is a Project Status position.
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
- The main responsibilities will be to manage the print and digital processes for reprints, corrections, and enhancements for existing elementary, middle, and high school (Grades K-12) science products.
- Initiate, manage, and work with a variety of vendors or freelancers (as needed); initiate contracts and track spending to be on time and within budget.
- Work in digital authoring tools, content management systems (CMS), and the Open Learning Platform daily to deliver high-quality digital educational products to teachers and students.
- Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality products that meet curriculum standards and that display appropriate content, reading level, grammar, and style.
- Assist in the planning and development of highly interactive digital and print instructional materials and digital learning environments.
- Track and follow approved workflows at all stages, and meet all intermediate and final schedules.
- Research and maintain knowledge of trends and classroom use of technology.
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to ensure that market requirements, project schedules, and product goals are met.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in science, education, or related field
- Science content knowledge / fundamental understanding of life, earth, physical and space sciences.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to write engaging science content, including expository instruction, worked-out examples, and practice/assessment exercises
- Effective organizational and excellent time management skills; productive, efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility to rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent collaborative skills to share information and support shared project goals across all team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Understanding of Agile project management
- Familiarity with issue and project tracking software (JIRA)
- While this position does not require the ability to work in the Columbus, OH or Chicago, IL offices, it is desired.
- Ability to create and/or visualize the creation of animated and interactive science content
- Work-related experience with educational technology, digital content development, or instructional design
- Previous K-5 or 6-12 teaching experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Web languages: CSS, HTML
- Familiarity with metadata tagging tools
- Familiar with bug tracking program, JIRA
- Familiar with Habitat authoring system
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZn to learn more!
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago