Media Designer - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Media Designer, (Project Status Worker) in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
The Media Designer works alongside product development teams to design, research, acquire, track, and seek approval for all media assets: art; photo; video; sound; animation; etc. They will monitor and report project status and guide work to ensure assets meet expectations for quality, budget, and schedule. They will maintain accurate asset data and manage media asset creation, acquisition and support cross-functional teams by implementing prototype vision through creative research and art direction.
This is a project-status position.
- Researches, procures, or creates purposeful and modular media assets (art, photo, video, sound, animation, etc.) during product build and maintains flow of assets within schedule and budget requirements while maintaining quality established by the media strategy. Manages vendors who provide these services for projects.
- Maintains accurate specification records, metadata, and schedules, as well as monitors project asset research/acquisition/creation. Maintains and provides accurate asset reporting.
- Communicates project requirements, guidelines, status, and solutions to internal and external team members in a timely manner. Escalates issues and provides solutions. Vets vendors to provide desired services and quality. Works closely with cross-functional team to launch and implement media asset strategy throughout product build.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines in a team-orientated environment.
- Foresees potential obstacles and takes the initiative to develop and propose solutions.
- Seeks innovative and cost-saving ways to fulfill asset needs by reviewing specs and strategizing media objectives.
- Monitors the progress of vendors and other team members to ensure all assets are acquired in the appropriate timeframe, and meet quality standards established in the media strategy; accurately record data in Asset Management System.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with art concentration in art, film, audio or photography.
- Previous experience with project management, media research and acquisition.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and scheduling skills.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Proficient with Project Management Systems, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suites.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with database systems.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and ability to assist in additional roles, as needed.
- Possesses an excellent eye for details and aesthetics.
- Able to remain level-headed under pressure and deadlines and to cope with rapid change.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZn to learn more!