Product Manager - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Product Manager preferred to be in our Columbus, OH office, but open to our Chicago and New York City hubs, as well as remote from Pennsylvania. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that is focused on Blended & Personalized Learning, creating robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management for Mathematics Personalized Learning, this new position of Product Manager for Professional Personalized Learning will have knowledge of educational technology, product development, and the needs of educational leaders transitioning to blended and personalized learning environments in order to support product and service solutions that are effective, engaging, and easy to use. You must be energized through meaningful collaboration with cross-functional teams, including content experts, project managers, business managers, product marketing managers, and sales teams. You champion the voice of the customer and maintain a consistent product vision for the programs you support.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Support the conceptualization, creation and ongoing enhancement of winning solutions that align tightly with market requirements; facilitate this work by translating research-based market needs into compelling product visions and definitions, testing concepts and experiences with customers, and making smart modifications and tradeoffs.
- Manage vendor relationship(s) in regards to platform and content requirements
- Assist Director of PdM with how products are defined and holding teams accountable to product and market requirements.
- Solve problems and remove barriers to ensure product is correctly aligned to market needs, meets market deadlines, and doesn’t exceed the approved budget.
- Work with platform experts to define required technology specifications and determine how proposed products/services can integrate with existing McGraw-Hill Education platforms in order to solve customer problems.
- Work closely with marketing and sales efforts around messaging, go-to-market strategy, and marketing plan execution.
- Serve as an internal and external spokesperson for his/her programs by participating in industry organizations and market outreach efforts.
- Continuously monitor product performance, the competitive environment, and market changes so that you can increase product effectiveness and ultimately drive profitability.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, marketing, business field(s), or equivalent experience required.
- Five plus years of experience leading product development projects related to instructional solutions; expertise in digital delivery (preferably a background in Professional Development, Personalized/Blended Learning, Communications, Intervention and/or Mathematics).
- Skills of being confident, objective, inquisitive, motivated, and a collaborative self-starter.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution, vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions.
- Knowledgeable in educational methodologies, instructional design, technology development, school based technologies (including LMS’s and CMS’s), and production processes.
- Proactive and flexible leader who takes personal responsibility for product development.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate across functional teams.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment, while gracefully dealing with various levels of ambiguity
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZ to learn more!
North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Pennsylvania, Home