SVP, Chief Product & Operating Officer - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic SVP, Chief Product & Operating Officer for Portfolio K-12 preferred in our Columbus, OH office, but open to our locations in Chicago, New York City, or a remote home office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
The SVP, Chief Product & Operating Officer will provide the strategic direction and leadership for the MHES Portfolio, including the overall instructional vision and philosophy of the company – a thought leader in education. Oversees the vision for the K-5, 6-12, and Intervention & Acceleration Portfolios (product management and product marketing), Product Development (Academic Design, Creative Design, and Instructional Design), Publishing Operations, and Platform. The SVP, Chief Product & Operating Officer will interact significantly with Finance, Sales, Marketing and engineering to envision and create the best educational solutions and products in the industry. This position will oversee all related financial responsibility related to the MHES substantial revenue and EBITDA targets.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Leadership: Drives the strategic development of profitable, innovative, market leading digital and print product lines across the MHES PreK-12 Portfolio ensuring strategic solutions are created based on market research and analysis, competitive intelligence, funding availability, foundational and efficacy research, and the incorporation of innovative technologies and pedagogies that meet and exceed corporate revenue and profitability targets. Drives planning and execution of the group’s business strategy by organizing and leading cross functional teams in the process of defining and delivering on plan. Champions customer-focused iterations of product and marketing deliverables.
- Product Integrity: Drives academic integrity and quality of MHES solutions, programs, and products. Assures the incorporation of appropriate innovative technologies and pedagogies that drive student outcomes and teacher efficiency.
- People Management: Manages large product development staff including Portfolio, Instructional and Academic Design, Product Marketing, Creative Design, Publishing Operations, and Platforms. Drives consistent cost-effective approaches to variable staffing through the use of project workers, freelancers, and vendors. Works collaboratively with the PMO, Sales, and engineering for determining product solution goals. Focus on staff development for advancement and career paths.
- Process Management/Delivery: Directs team to build effective high quality educational products and solutions on time and on budget. Focus on process and workflow efficiency as the business transitions from print to digital-first. Develops systematic and measurable processes that reduce cost and increase value.
- Financial Management: Responsible for human resource allocation and expense management of the MHES Portfolio. Accountable for financial oversight of key aspects of plant budget.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree required 15 years’ experience in print and technology-based, PreK-12 product development and proven management experience.
- 10 years’ experience developing business plans, performing market analysis and building/managing budgets
- Success with P&L responsibility in excess of $800 million in revenue
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation in teams and products
- Highly competent in digital markets
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skill
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to build and lead strong teams
- Demonstrated ability to form solid relationships at all levels
- Advanced degree (MBA or MA) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with complex concurrent print/digital product development
- Experience leveraging data and analytics to drive internal and customer value
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here http://bit.ly/2zcMQZn to learn more!
North America-United States, North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago