Regional Platform and College/Career Readiness Specialist - Nationwide,
The Regional Platform and College/Career Readiness Specialist will have responsibility for designated platform-based solutions and the sales of those solutions to the region to which he/she is assigned. Currently, those assigned product solutions lines include educator professional development, AP™ (Advanced Placement™), Career and Technical Education, Honors/Elective Programs, and other MHE Higher Ed and Professional products for the K-12 market.
The candidate will be accountable for collaborating with the MHE core curriculum sales organization to develop strategic plans and generate/pursue leads across this mainline sales group and to build that team’s capacity over time to become effective at initiating and closing sales in this arena. The candidate will be required to incorporate innovative, creative and financially viable strategies for maximum sales growth. In most regions, the position is complemented by another specialist that will focus on the successful execution of these strategies, especially for the non-major opportunities, in order to allow this position to focus on major opportunities.
The position requires the ability to describe/present our strategies and solutions in an inviting and intriguing manner and style in both 1:1 and group settings to both teacher and school district administrator audiences. The objective is for this person to be a subject matter expert in blended and personalized learning, the college, and career readiness AP™/CTE/Honors/Professional product lines, and the educational technology platforms supporting such. A knowledge of K-12 assessment and accountability is a plus.
The territory for this position is currently defined as the Mountain West Region covering the states of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington (state), Oregon, and Alaska. Potential candidates should ideally be located in or near Salt Lake City, Denver, Seattle, or Minneapolis for maximum direct flight opportunities. 75% to 80% travel is expected throughout most of the year.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Provide strategy and oversight for Platform and CCR sales initiatives.
- Network and interact with school district administrators to ensure the execution of profitable, recurring long-term business relationships.
- Provide feedback around the voice of the customer to the organization.
- Conduct Presentations of our solutions as well as a Needs Analysis with prospects.
- Advance the Sale.
- Development and Implementation of a Territory Business Plan.
- Develop and execute on priorities toward reaching a goal.
- Illustrate a tactical plan for coordinating efforts with counterparts in the region.
- Processes and Procedures
- Research school district and state long-term plans to match platform/PD solutions.
- Build strategies for AP/CCR opportunities according to adoption cycles where applicable.
- Utilize Salesforce for opportunity tracking, call logging, sales advancement, monthly reporting.
- Interface with the Account management team and other Customer Service arms of the organization to provide a positive customer experience.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant sales & marketing experience in education sales and solutions. Prior teaching or school administrator experience not required but a plus.
- Specific experience driving large scale K12 sales
- A proven ability to leverage complex conceptual selling techniques
- This position will require 75% travel (both day and overnight travel), depending on the territory
- Strong digital sales presentation/consultancy competencies
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation in teams and products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to form solid relationships at all levels
- Strong customer and usability focus
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professionally and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Minnesota-Minnesota, Home, North America-United States-Colorado-Colorado, Home, North America-United States-Utah-Utah, Home, North America-United States-Washington-Washington, Home