Sr Software Engineer - Boston, MA
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sr. Software Engineer to join our Digital Platform Group at our Boston, MA location. Does this sound like you?
Our Digital Platforms Group creates and builds data-driven digital products that enhance teaching and improve learning outcomes. In addition, the team conducts research and development targeted at new market opportunities in the quickly evolving education technology space.
The engineer will be a senior member of the Access Manager team which creates world-class integrations solutions for educational institutions. The engineer will provide key technical contributions by designing and implementing new platform features and evolving the existing platform. The engineer will work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team including technical product management, quality assurance, user experience and performance.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Developing infrastructure services, components, libraries and tools that contribute to a massively scalable high availability application platform.
- Working with cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (RDS, Message Queue, Storage, Elastic Cache).
- Designing, implementing and documenting APIs that can be broadly used by other software engineering teams.
- Creating unit tests, contributing to integration testing for functionality and performance tuning.
- Working in a fast-paced software release environment (CI/CD) and working with a team or independently. Must be able to quickly dive into new technologies and languages and to lead design sessions and participate in architecture reviews, security reviews and R&D meeting.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 5 years software engineering experience preferred
- SQL; Database Schema; ORM (preferably Sequelize.js)
- Data Modeling
- REST API (OpenAPI/Swagger)
- Cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS) including message bus
- Scrum/agile SDLC
- Ruby/Rails, Angular.js, NoSQL Database, and OneRoster experience preferred
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!