Senior Editor, Clinical Medicine - New York City, NY
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior Editor, Clinical Medicine in our New York City or Chicago office locations. Does this sound like you?
Our Professional team develops and distributes market-leading medical, technical, engineering and business content in print and digital formats for the professional, education and test preparation communities.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Acquire 8-14 new and revised book titles per year in assigned clinical specialties.
- Publish 8-18 books per year in assigned clinical specialties.
- Maintain content operation for 1-3 subscription web sites in assigned clinical specialties.
- Successfully negotiate author contracts, including advances, royalty rates, licensing, etc.
- Meet a frontlist publishing goal (net revenue).
- Contribute to successful P+L on a book-by-book and site-by-site basis by managing physical and financial specifications as contracted and budgeted.
- Editor’s responsibility is to sign 8 and 14 new and revised books per year (approx.. $1.5-2.0 million in revenue.
- Successfully manage content operations on 1-3 subscription web sites that range from $500,000 to 1,000,000 in annual revenue.
- Editor also will be asked to publish approximately $750,000 of frontlist books each year.
- Editor’s contributions will help the division to achieve its annual growth goals and will contribute towards the MHE annual EBITA and revenue goals.
The senior editor will be responsible for acquiring between 8 and 14 new and revised titles per year, and for publishing between 8 and 20 books annually in the medical clinical reference program of McGraw-Hill Education’s Medical group. This position also manages 1-3 Access subscription sites in specified clinical specialties.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree (in related discipline), Masters a plus.
- Four plus years as an acquiring editor in professional markets, medical a plus.
- One plus years’ experience with digital content in professional markets, medical a plus.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills required to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Established contract negotiation skills and project management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- Familiarity with acquisition and development of digital content in the clinical medicine market a strong plus.
- A strong interest in the digital content market is required as this position will contribute significantly to the expansion of MHE products into digital markets.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid business acumen.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to speak to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborative spirit.
- Familiarity with publication schedules and budgets.
- Possess a “customer first” mentality.
- Ability to clearly articulate processes and procedures to others.
- Must be dynamic, conscientious, deadline driven, change-adaptive, results-oriented and possess a high level of professional integrity.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Illinois-Burr Ridge, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago