Market Development Manager - New York City, NY
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Manager, Market Development working in our New York, New York location.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Build, implement and track complete market development plans consisting of reviewing and market testing manuscript, product messages, features, digital components, planning and implementing events to include symposia, focus groups, regional events, WebExes and telefocus groups, class tests, other touch activities, and building and implementing follow-up strategies for all activities.
- Build and keep updated reporting information with regard to budget numbers and conversion rates. Report and track all market development activities through the CRM system.
- Initiate and lead market development launches for key titles
- Work with editorial to build market development budgets for key titles. Track those budgets throughout the cycle of the title.
- Manage freelancers as required; Perform all other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years publishing experience in editorial, marketing, or sales required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to details
- Ability to analyze data and spreadsheets
- Travel to and run events as required
- Strong PC/Internet Skills including working knowledge of Excel and other Office programs
Reporting to the Director of Market Development, the Manager, Market Development will be responsible for providing inspirational leadership and strategic direction to Learning Technology Representatives in order to exceed sales revenue goals and profitability goals for their region. The District Manager will also provide educational solutions inclusive of technology, media and print for Science, Engineering and Math (SEM); Business and Economics (B&E); and Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages (HSSL) businesses within the higher education market.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!