Market Research Analyst - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Market Research Analyst in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
The Market Research Analyst will work within the McGraw-Hill School Education Group as a part of the Strategy and Analytics team. This role will be responsible for the development, administration and analysis of product, market, and strategic research studies (qualitative and quantitative surveys). The role will have responsibility for providing advanced analytical insights to support cross-functional Marketing and Product Portfolio teams, leveraging multiple data tools to execute a wide range of in-depth advanced statistical analyses. The desired candidate has a passion for data and is a problem-solver who can aggregate, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data from multiple disparate sources in a simple and succinct way. The successful candidate will focus on various tasks spanning the product development and marketing spectrum, including feature assessment, user experience, purchase behaviors, pricing, market segmentation, and product optimization.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Design, administer, and analyze qualitative and quantitative research studies using proven methodologies
- Perform detailed quantitative analysis including (but not limited to) regression, segmentation, discrete choice/conjoint, data mining and other statistical and modeling techniques with internal and/or external data sources to support business activities
- Proactively identify key industry insights and trends/opportunities from external news sources for broader dissemination throughout the organization to influence marketing strategies and decisions
- Serve as curator for online research library for use by internal stakeholders
- Develop and present high impact, polished summaries of research studies to clearly and effectively communicate key findings to internal stakeholders
- Ensure data quality and data documentation; solve problems with internal and external clients on data issues
- Work with external vendors to manage study administration activities
- A minimum of 3 years of market research, consulting, or statistical analysis experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, marketing, mathematics, market research, economics, or related field
- Expertise in Excel or SPSS, intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, are required.
- Strong data manipulation, analytical and critical thinking skills
- High interest in the education industry
- Comfort with fast-paced work environment and management of multiple projects at any given time
- Applied knowledge of statistical techniques used in quantitative analysis; ability to select the appropriate tools and solutions to answer a client’s central business issue.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to summarize and present information in a way that provides clarity and interest.
- Enthusiasm to work as a part of a cohesive research team. Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with external suppliers and internal colleagues across the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; strong ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!