Marketing Manager or Sr Marketing Manager - Burr Ridge, IL
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Marketing Manager working in our Chicago, IL office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Develop a comprehensive, strategic go-to-market plan.
- Communicate the status of the marketing plan clearly and effectively to all stakeholders and work strategically to drive the plan.
- Work with product team colleagues to identify and evaluate digital product and service opportunities
- Create strategy and manage relationship, communication, and training of Customer Experience Group and Digital Success Team members to ensure cross-functional groups are equipped with latest Information on products and services.
- Create and deliver content to support campaigns.
- Work with stakeholders to write and develop portfolio positioning and messages in alignment with corporate strategy, then ensure these are effectively communicated to target audiences.
- Provide sales support to internal and external customers.
- Build relationships with key decision makers, current customers, and thought leaders.
- Conduct customer and internal facing presentations on a regular basis in both live and virtual environments.
- Create and maintain sales tools to ensure key products are accessible to all appropriate sales forces.
- Direct Marketing Coordinators to craft, test, and refine effective sales tools and sales collateral.
- Attend key discipline conferences and events.
- Respond to sales force and all sales product inquiries in a very timely manner
- Own tactical responsibility, at the direction of Marketing Directors, related to implementation of digital strategies within top priority campaigns and messaging.
- Analyze market trends and potential market opportunities and participate in market research, market planning, and product development.
- Recommend research-based changes and improvements in assigned product lines and services.
- Gather, analyze, and apply competitive product information
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet company goals.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of Sales and / or Marketing experience
- Strong understanding of emerging marketing trends, technologies, and integration strategies
- Success in managing and delivering virtual and live events.
- Successful track record working on integrated marketing programs with multiple stakeholders.
- The creativity and ingenuity needed to create content strategies that balance user needs with business requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and desire to win.
- Team player who enjoys a collaborative and communicative environment.
- Ability to make decision and recommendations based on Analytics.
- Excellent writing skills, including strong copy editing skills.
- Approximately 40% travel with the heaviest being between January and June
The Marketing Manager works in collaboration with the Marketing Director, Marketing Specialist and Portfolio Manager to execute campaigns and initiatives to achieve and exceed revenue goals across a list that includes established best-sellers and high-growth products. Based in Chicago, this role will manage the end–to-end marketing and sales activities, from initial product information creation through all aspects of marketing campaign development and execution to sales strategy, training and sales tools. To support these objectives, the Marketing Manager will identify and deploy direct marketing strategies to drive digital growth, including thought leadership campaigns and lead generation tactics, build relationships with customers, develop high impact events, maximize company presence at appropriate conference and trade shows, help to create high quality marketing materials, along with additional demand generation activities to drive leads and support other team goals..
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!