Business Product Manager - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Business Product Manager in our Columbus, OH, Seattle, WA or remote home office. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the VP, School Platform Development, the Business Product Manager must be a results oriented individual with a passion and capability for creating high-quality learning solutions. Responsible for one or more components of our curriculum delivery platforms, the BPM defines the roadmap strategy, tightly aligning it to internal and external user needs, digital trends, and corporate strategies. As the voice of the customer, the BPM works to ensure that the platform vision addresses the needs of today’s classroom ecosystem and future direction.
Specifically, the BPM engages with stakeholders across the business to define and drive platform priorities and establish a path forward that supports the successful launch and ongoing delivery of our curriculum programs. In tight partnership with technical product managers, the BPM establishes business requirements, collaborates with agile teams to provide market understanding and acceptance criteria, reviews deliverables against MVP and quality standards, and communicates progress to the business.
A BPM is responsible for one or more platform components or services and areas of focus may shift over time. For this role, we are currently seeking someone to assume leadership around both integrations (including SSO, Rostering, LMS, TCC) and accessibility.
- Develop a shared vision for the platform through investigation of market demands, user feedback, and competitive analysis.
- Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements.
- Partner with UX and Strategy & Analytics for customer research, feedback, and validation.
- Facilitate the creation of conceptual prototypes to ensure validity of solution designs.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint reviews.
- Coordinate and perform Business Acceptance Testing.
- Provide a regular cadence of communication with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate across the BPM team to ensure a holistic platform strategy and user experience.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading product development projects related to instructional solutions
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design or software development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead user driven design processes with a strong focus on user experience.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate across functional teams.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution.
- Knowledgeable in educational methodologies, instructional design, technology development, school based technologies (including LMSs and CMSs), and production processes.
- Proactive nature, flexibility, and drive to takes personal responsibility for product development
- Desire and ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment, while gracefully dealing with various levels of ambiguity.
- Familiarity with current K12 SIS and LMS providers (e.g. Canvas, itsLearning, Schoology) a plus
- Familiarity with Accessibility requirements – specifically WCAG 2.0 and their application to software development a plus
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here learn more!
North America-United States, North America-United States-Washington-Seattle