Product Marketing Manager - Columbus, OH
MHE has an exceptional opportunity for a Product Marketing Manager for Intervention & Acceleration portfolio, preferred in our Columbus, OH office, but open to our Chicago and New York City offices, as well as a Remote home office.
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
We are searching for a strategic, innovative thinker with an understanding of marketing and product development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for education and marketing and get excited about supporting the transformation of a market leading company. In this role as Product Marketing Manager, you will be tasked with collaborating across departments to develop and market innovative programs. The job requires an ability to think strategically, implement effectively, and work cross-functionally with effective leadership and communication.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and product development to bring the voice of the customer to everything you do.
- Leverage market research and voice of customer data to develop target segments, create pricing, and define defensible positioning in the market and against the competition.
- Develop and execute highly targeted, effective go-to-market and annual marketing strategies.
- Bring insightful questions that challenge the status quo as you collaborate with the product and marketing teams to maximize revenue, maintain margins, ensure consistent product use, and maintain high levels of product satisfaction.
- Make data-informed decisions to optimize in-market product performance across all phases of the lifecycle.
- Support efforts to understand education, curriculum and the competitive landscape and provide competitive differentiation through sales support and the development of product plans.
- Manage a highly qualified team in planning, budgeting, customer focus, program and campaign execution, talent acquisition and growth.
- Contribute to portfolio strategy, revenue, growth, processes with an eye to relentless incremental improvement.
The Product Marketing Manager must be strategic, collaborative, hands-on, and able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment. This person must have strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. This individual will be a team leader who is well versed in the details.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or relevant field, or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred.
- Five plus years of experience in a strategic marketing function, preferably B2G, B2B, or SaaS.
- Experience with segmentation, positioning, pricing, campaigning and new product development practices.
- Confidence and be willing to take risks and make smart decisions based on data.
- Strong ability to lead and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Strategic thought process who puts the needs of the whole over individual contribution.
- Effective communication in both written and verbal forms.
- Results oriented work ethic with a sense of urgency.
- The desire to learn, ask questions and challenge conventional thinking.
- The highest level of ethics and integrity demonstrated.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professionally and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States, North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago