Media & Digital Acquisition Coordinator - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Media Designer, (Project Status Worker) in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
The Media Designer works alongside product development teams (internal and external vendors) to design, research, acquire, track, and seek approval for all media assets: art; photo; video; sound; animation; etc. Monitors and reports project status and guides work to ensure assets meet expectations for quality, budget, and schedule. Maintains accurate asset data. Manages media asset creation and acquisition and supports cross-functional team by implementing prototype vision through creative research and art direction.
This is a project-status position.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Researches and acquires media assets (art, photo, video, sound, animation, etc.) during product build and maintains flow of assets within schedule and budget requirements. Manages vendors who provide these services for projects.
- Maintains accurate specification records, metadata, and schedules, as well as monitors project asset research/acquisition for appropriateness, accuracy, timeliness, quality, and efficiency. Maintains and provides accurate asset reporting and permission compliance documentation, and provides accurate and complete credit information.
- Communicates project requirements, guidelines, status, and solutions to internal and external team members in a timely manner. Escalates issues and provides solutions. Vets vendors to provide desired services. Works closely with cross-functional team to launch and implement prototype asset strategy/vision.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines in a team-orientated environment.
- Foresees potential obstacles and takes the initiative to develop and propose solutions.
- Is self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Assists in additional roles, as needed.
- Possesses an excellent eye for details and aesthetics.
- Able to remain level-headed under pressure and deadlines and to cope with rapid change.
- Seeks innovative and cost-saving ways to fulfill asset needs by reviewing specs and strategizing media objectives on a case to case basis.
- Monitors the progress of vendors and other team members to ensure all assets are acquired in the appropriate timeframe and meet quality standards; accurately record data in Asset Management System.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with visual art concentration in art, film, audio or photography.
- Previous experience with project management
- Previous experience with media research and acquisition.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and scheduling skills.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Proficient with Project Management Systems, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suites
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with database systems.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!