Social Media Marketing Specialist - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Social Media Marketing Specialist preferred in our Columbus, OH office, but open to our New York City location as well. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
The Social Media Marketing Specialist combines marketing and social media skills to architect and enhance the McGraw-Hill Education School social media presences, including interacting with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities to drive revenue and a positive brand perception. The Social Media Marketing Specialist works within the Digital Marketing team and with Portfolio, Brand/Events and Regional marketing members to form, execute and evaluate strategic, innovative, relevant, timely and thought-provoking social media campaigns and tactics.
The Social Media Specialist will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
The Social Media Specialist is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Define, document, execute, and continuously refine a social strategy, roadmap and program calendar that supports our brand and the breadth and depth of our content and software solutions (20%)
- Influence social media tactics, including budget planning/spend, content ideation and implementation schedules (15%)
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users; develop weekly and monthly social media reports to track progress and optimize future campaigns (15%)
- Ensure all social content adheres to our academic integrity policy, is on-brand, consistent in terms of quality and tone of voice (10%)
- Establish KPIs for all social content. Evaluate content against those KPIs and use this data to assist with decision making (10%)
- Create social best practices documentation, guidelines and process documents (5%)
- Provide training and guidance to marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies (5%)
- Stay abreast of industry best practices for social content strategy and integrate learnings into the overall digital marketing strategy (5%)
- Report analytics, progress and insights to Director of Web Strategy and create engaging written or graphic content for internal e-newsletters on social efforts and progress (5%)
- Grow and expand company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram (5%)
- Research and monitor activity of company competitors (5%)
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, content management, and/or multi-channel content creation preferred
- Possess exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of all aspects of marketing communications, including social and traditional media, web, search marketing, etc.
- Background with working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Direct agency management experience a plus
- Highly motivated, creative individual with experience and passion for connecting with customers
- Passion for education
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as transparently within a high performing team
- Strong analytics skills; ability to measure and effectively communicate results
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to write clear, clean copy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong visual design sense
- Knowledge of the social media space, trends, and analytics platforms
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Behaviors consistent with MHE mission, values and core competencies
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!