Commissioning Editor - London, United Kingdom
Based from our London office, and working specifically with our Open University Press titles, we have a new opportunity for a confident, inquisitive and motivated Commissioning Editor. The role has responsibility to source, contract, develop and launch profitable and successful products and if applicable, drive the transition to a digital focus. This role is accountable for the conceptualisation and implementation of new programmes and for the management of current selected lists.
Our new Commissioning Editor will possess market, competition and product knowledge that will be used, alongside marketing inputs, to define product designs that are engaging, efficient and meets the needs of our customers. You will be part of the wider EMEA based editorial team and you will need to collaborate with cross-functional, international teams, including business managers, marketing, content experts and our digital platform team, to drive the value and profitability of our products.
You should apply if you have:
- Previous commissioning experience is a must and ideally within the Higher Education, Academic or Medical Education markets.
- Experience of working with a digital focused product.
- Strong programme management skills, including budget and scheduling
- Knowledge of e-learning solutions, online multimedia or Learning Management Systems would be a benefit.
- Demonstrable evidence of proven commercial, financial and business acumen.
- Educated to degree level
Key competencies required for this role:
- Leadership – our new Commissioning Editor will be managing a team of two, ensuring that you all work together so our products are developed and delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Commercial awareness - continuous engagement with the market and the need to establish a network of authors and subject matter experts to enable content acquisition in line with list strategies.
- Decision making - propose and execute a digital strategy for selected subject disciplines in order to deliver a profitable content portfolio.
- Team working – collaborate with sales and marketing to ensure a coordinated market-driven product development strategy that will increase revenue and the overall growth of McGraw-Hill Education.
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you are naturally tenacious, results orientated and have that desire to succeed, we want to talk to you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more.