Digital Production Designer, 9-12 Reveal Math - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Digital Production Designer in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build functional prototypes, using current technology, that are based on approved design strategy and provide any recommendations to the team for areas where the current technology could not support the design strategy.
- Analyze the functional prototype and begin to frame the “how” for implementations.
- Develop any supporting documentation/guidelines needed to support the internal/external build teams.
- Identify scalable needs and develop a library of reproducible build tools for the internal/external build teams.
- Serve as an ongoing interactive design consultant as needs surfaced during the implementation of the template builds.
- Review internal and external user needs and provide “realistic” recommendations for scalable interactive designs.
- Stress test recommendations and/or new development features to identify authoring impacts and additional user needs.
- Develop any supporting documentation/guidelines needed to support new recommendations/features.
- Perform design reviews and complete the following:
- Make sound layout design recommendations and/or adjustments for interactive templates and media, as necessary based on style guides and instructions.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s degree in instructional or digital design is required or equivalent years of experience.
- Composition and/or layout experience in digital publishing; utilizing digital content authoring tools is required.
- Composition and/or layout experience in print publishing utilizing publishing/authoring software such as InDesign, Microsoft Publisher or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is also preferred
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!