Chemistry Portfolio Manager - Chicago, IL
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Chemistry Portfolio Manager working in our Chicago, IL or NY office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Seek to understand market problems through market research and synthesis. Drive the build of innovative solutions that address the needs of the Chemistry market through a deep understanding of our customer.
- Drive growth through superior portfolio management. This includes the development of a product strategy & plan with vision statement/value proposition, P&L, resource allocation, schedules, market dynamics, and strategy for success evaluated by senior leadership.
- Deeply partner with all appropriate company personnel to guide the timely and profitable build of course programs with an emphasis on digital solution creation.
- Partner with marketing and market development to create a short and long-term growth strategy including the tactics to execute strategic priorities.
- Strengthen working relationships with subject matter experts, authors, and partners.
- Negotiate contracts and partnerships driving innovative solutions.
- Build deep relationships and demonstrate team building skills through collaboration across sales, marketing, product management, and market development functional units.
- Manage the Chemistry team, directly and indirectly, ensuring strong cross-functional collaboration.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Three+ years of customer facing, business development experience required, preferably in educational technology.
- Three+ years in a product management, marketing or market development role ideally with a Chemistry background.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required ideally with a Chemistry background.
- Ideal candidate should be an energetic team player who is comfortable collaborating in a large, fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing people directly and indirectly.
- Must display curiosity about solutions, instructional design, and curriculum.
- Must possess the strong ability to identify, prioritize, and execute business plans to grow market share, promote customer retention, and drive revenue.
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines, and on occasion, turn projects around in a short time frame is required.
- Strong financial acumen with experience managing budgets.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to deliver excellent presentations for internal and external audiences is critical.
- Must be able to build strong customer relationships and gain consensus across an organization.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- National travel required, approximately 40%.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chemistry Portfolio Manager will be responsible for the strategic vision, as well as the acquisition, development, and launch of digital and print products. This individual will be accountable for achieving timely, quality, and profitable offerings and will have direct oversight of brand-level development including market analysis, product acquisitions, author management, and project management. They will also lead our product strategy and key flagship brands in our Chemistry portfolio.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-New York-New York City