Marketing Manager, Intervention & Acceleration Portfolio - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Marketing Manager, Intervention & Acceleration Portfolio in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
This role will report to the Marketing Manager, Intervention and Acceleration Portfolio. The Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, communication, and execution of market- and customer-facing strategies, programs and tactics to nurture brand preference and affinity, drive demand generation, create an excellent customer experience, support retention, and grow customer lifetime value. Support the MHE K-12 Intervention and Acceleration portfolio’s business objectives, including revenue growth and market share expansion for print-based programs, digital subscription (SaaS) and platform products, and professional services.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Develop high-impact marketing strategies, plans and tactics for products and cross-program initiatives based on product plans and roadmaps, to deliver value to target audiences
- Manage integrated marketing and communications campaigns across multiple channels and customer touchpoints to drive awareness, generate leads, and ensure customer loyalty
- Deliver sales enablement support, manage account-based marketing tactics, and support strategies to enhance consultative selling and improve sales performance
- Collaborate with sales leadership, product marketing, academic design, research, marketing communications and operations, brand management, and creative, digital, and media teams
- Define audience segments and personas, map buyer and customer journeys, and co-create value propositions and content to promote thought leadership and deliver customer value
- Source and develop campaigns, sponsorships and partnerships leveraging paid, owned, and earned media
- Measure and report on performance and ROI to optimize the marketing mix, and ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness
- Internally promote and communicate campaigns and initiatives
- Pursue new marketing and creative approaches and emerging technologies and incorporate into discovery strategies to continually improve the future business position
- Define best practices, standards, and processes to drive brand equity, demand generation, and customer loyalty
- Manage marketing budgets, contracts, insertion orders, purchase orders, and payments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or Marketing required. MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years’ successful experience in Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing, Product Marketing or related Marketing functions
- Experience with B2B, B2G, SaaS, enterprise, or agency with significant knowledge of go-to-market strategy
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a record of accomplishment for executing successful campaigns and high-quality projects
- Strong writing, planning, scheduling, presentation, creative management, and campaign development skills
- Solid understanding of digital marketing, media planning, social media, A/B testing, SEO, PPC, retargeting, customer loyalty programs, and sales enablement
- Familiarity with graphics, illustration, video, blog, and website production, vendors, and tools
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally and liaise at all levels of the organization
- Highly organized work style with a high standard of excellence, exceptional communication, prioritization, resource cultivation and allocation, and time management expertise
- Metrics-driven mindset with analytical, reporting, and process optimization skills
- Experience collaborating with third-party vendors, consultants, and agencies; external influencers, authors, subject matter experts, and strategic industry partners; and internal product management, sales teams and sales leadership
- Marketing domain knowledge and experience in Education, Publishing, Technology, Software, or Agency preferred
- Experience and advanced level proficiency with Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint), Marketo, Salesforce, and other martech stack and project management systems
- Some domestic travel (25%) may be required for meetings, customer visits, and events.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!