Marketing Operations Director - London, United Kingdom
As a global role based from our EMEA HQ in London, and reporting into the Senior Director of Performance and Planning, we have a new opportunity for a results-orientated and analytically-minded Marketing Operations Director. The role is responsible for delivering marketing operations for our International and Professional operating unit – all regions outside of North America together with Professional digital subscription for our North America business – in ensuring the delivery of more transparent, efficient, and accountable marketing.
Our new Marketing Operations Director will deliver key insights and recommendations that optimise the performance of marketing programs/campaigns, and assist the marketing department as a whole in achieving business goals. You will focus on inputting into marketing strategy and design, as well as focusing on the measurement and operations of our marketing leads generation initiatives. Outcomes will include successful tracking of performance and reporting, and the resulting analysis of that insight.
The successful applicant will excel in operations that facilitate scalability, predictability, and efficiency of marketing operations. This is an engaging and hands-on role; therefore, you should apply if you are highly capable of operating and excelling in both strategic and tactical positions.
Your contribution to the team will include:
- Defining key marketing metrics and managing the process of packaging these into reports and dashboards to determine overall performance of our marketing teams and marketing programs.
- Driving marketing database strategies and advising global and regional Marketing Directors in strategy opportunities, processes and initiatives that support exceptional lead management.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams and leaders, (sales, technology, operations, etc.), in formulating various marketing strategies, approaches and campaigns prior to launch.
- Manage marketing databases and own the respective processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and segmentation.
- Ongoing review and assessment of the market for new practices and technologies that will improve and optimise the marketing department’s performance and provide a competitive edge for McGraw-Hill Education.
What you’ll need to be successful;
- Extensive marketing experience, including experience in marketing operations.
- Previous evidence of having accountability for quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting and ROI.
- Strong understanding of product positioning, promotion, and return on marketing investment.
- Proven leadership skills that lead to significant problem solving
- Deep knowledge of CRM and marketing automation programs, ideally Salesforce.com and Marketo.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing best practices and multiple marketing channel execution.
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalised learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you are business savvy, have excellent communication skills, know how to negotiate and have the gravitas to influence, we want to talk to you.