Digital Product Specialist - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Digital Product Specialist preferred in our Columbus, OH office, but open to our Blacklick, OH and Seattle, WA hubs as well as a Remote home office. Does this sound like you?
The Digital Product Specialist provides a full range of services to all users of the MHE School online interactive products. These services range from pre-sales presentations of MHE School online products to internal and external customers, to facilitation of high-level technology processes and product changes, to proactive ongoing support and training. Fulfilling these services requires direct interaction and collaboration with marketing, sales, editorial, quality assurance, IT, and technology development personnel.
A Digital Product Specialist wears multiple hats. Digital Product Specialists are critical in providing assistance beyond the technology, ensuring that customers fully understand the benefits of any MHE School technology as it relates to the curriculum tied to that technology. Digital Product Specialists work to ensure that our customers receive all of the information necessary to successfully implement MHE School curriculum and the supporting online technology services with speed and efficiency.
The subscription renewal rate of our 5+ million customers is directly linked to ease of activation and onboarding, and full understanding of the benefits of our products. As the face and voice of MHE School/DPG to our customers, Digital Product Specialists not only facilitate initial revenue with pre-sales efforts and sales training, directly influencing millions of dollars in yearly subscription revenue, but also almost heavily influence renewals through the customized services offered exclusively buy this group.
A Digital Product Specialist must be able to combine technical expertise, curriculum knowledge, careful listening skills, appropriate and thorough questioning skills, patience, and an ability to understand and communicate effectively with classroom teachers, sales representatives, marketing personnel, editorial staff, and software developers. Personnel in this position need to ‘know it all:” how a product works, how it correlates to or supports a specific curriculum or subject area, what the key selling points are, what the latest promotional offer is, why editorial staff designed the product a specific way, and how the software developers intended each feature to work. Then he or she must be able to translate all of this information in a meaningful and helpful way to each of our “customers.” This includes being able to communicate concerns and problems to and between any of the groups above so that the result is a better user experience for our classroom customers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Applies in-depth technology and product knowledge when responding to escalated external and internal customer support issues for MHE School digital products.
- Facilitates ongoing effective use of MHE School Digital products, and high renewal rates through direct initial and yearly customer interaction managing a variety of onboarding processes including automated roster synching, Single Sign-on, and mass student management and roster uploads.
- Applies technology and curriculum expertise to deliver as-needed ad hoc training on the effective use of MHE School digital products. Target audience may include Sales personnel, Curriculum Consultants, Marketing personnel, Level 1 technology support staff, and MHE School customers.
- Facilitates sales of MHE School Digital products through support of and collaboration with MHE School internal and external customers regarding the curriculum and technology features of MHE School Digital products.
- Collaborates with internal MHE School and DPG personnel regarding new products, features, and processes to improve end-user experience.
- Maintains working knowledge of MHE School Curriculum products supported by MHE School Technologies.
- Keeps abreast of trends in web-based technologies.
- Handles multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to persist and follow projects through to completion when working with multiple groups.
- Adapts to the technical knowledge level of each customer, internal or external.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Can develop rapport with an audience and effectively and strategically respond to audience questions.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two plus years’ Experience in Education, Software support, or K-12 Publishing Industry.
- High proficiency with major computer platforms and Internet technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective use of data resources- Finding and verifying information online and in company databases.
- Outstanding written communication- professional, courteous, efficient, and helpful.
- Outstanding phone communication skills-solving problems quickly and efficiently.
- BA or Masters in K-12 Education or Educational Technology preferred.
- Classroom Teaching Experience a plus.
- Technology training experience in K-12 Education and/or with adults a plus.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!