Assistant Academic Designer, Middle School Mathematics - Columbus, OH
The School Education Group, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, the leading provider of print and digital educational materials for grades PreK-12, has an immediate opening for an Assistant Academic Designer, Middle School Mathematics (Editor) to work on a project status basis. This position is part of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Learning Solution Center in Columbus, OH.
- Assist in the planning and development of highly interactive middle school (Grades 6-8) mathematics digital and print instructional materials and digital learning environments.
- Work in digital authoring tools and content management systems (CMS) on a daily basis to deliver high-quality digital educational products to teachers and students.
- Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality products that meet curriculum standards and that display appropriate content, reading level, grammar, and style.
- Initiate, manage, and work with a variety of vendors or freelancers (as needed); initiate contracts and track spending to be on time and within budget.
- Track and follow approved workflows at all stages, and meet all intermediate and final schedules.
- Research and maintain knowledge of educational trends.
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to ensure that market requirements, project schedules, and product goals are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics
- Mathematical content knowledge and expertise through Algebra I required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which include a thorough command of the English language, spelling, writing, and grammar and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to write engaging mathematical content, including expository instruction, worked-out examples, and practice/assessment exercises
- Effective organizational and excellent time management skills; productive, efficient work habits and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and exhibit flexibility to rapidly changing priorities and demands
- Excellent collaborative skills to share information and support shared project goals across all team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- This position is located in Columbus, Ohio (it is not a remote position)
- Ability to create and/or visualize the creation of animated and interactive math content a plus
- Work-related experience with educational technology, digital content development, or instructional design highly desired
- Previous teaching experience desired
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Familiarity with Web languages: CSS, HTML a plus
- Familiarity with metadata tagging tools desired
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!