Director of Product Management, K-12 Assessment - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Director of Product Management, K-12 Assessment preferred in our Columbus, OH office but open to our New York City, Chicago, and Boston hubs as well. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Intervention & Acceleration Portfolio VP, the Director of Product Management, K-12 Assessment will have knowledge of the formative assessment market, educational technology, product development, and classroom teaching in order to define product and service solutions that are effective, engaging, efficient, and easy to use. You must be energized through meaningful collaboration with cross-functional teams, including content experts, project managers, business managers, and product marketing managers. You champion the voice of the customer and provide leadership to a large project team to maintain a consistent market & product vision.
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day!
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Identify assessment market opportunities that align with strategic focus of the business, and make recommendations that take build, buy, and partner analysis into consideration.
- Conceptualize and partner to create winning solutions that align tightly with market requirements; facilitate this work by translating research-based market needs into compelling product visions and definitions, testing concepts and experiences with customers, and making smart modifications and tradeoffs.
- Serve as the primary decision maker for how to meet identified market needs, holding teams accountable to product and market requirements.
- Solve problems and remove barriers to ensure projects meet market deadlines, and don’t exceed the approved budget.
- Work with platform experts to define required technology specifications and determine how proposed products/services can integrate with existing McGraw-Hill Education platforms in order to solve customer problems.
- Serve as an internal and external thought leader and spokesperson for his/her markets/programs by participating in industry organizations and market outreach efforts.
- Continuously monitor opportunities, performance, the competitive environment, and market changes so that you can increase product effectiveness and ultimately drive profitability.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Five plus years of experience leading product development projects related to formative assessment solutions; expertise in digital delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business field(s), or equivalent experience required.
- Confident, objective, inquisitive, motivated, collaborative self-starter.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality recommendations and solutions.
- Knowledgeable regarding educational methodologies, instructional design, technology development, and production processes.
- Proactive, flexible leader who takes personal responsibility
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate across functional teams.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment, while dealing with various levels of ambiguity with grace.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston