Sr Project Manager - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sr Project Manager in our Columbus, OH office. As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
Do you love to manage product development projects, deadlines, and delight customers with innovative products that are easy to use? Do you love helping experts find victory through successful implementation of project management practices, while proactively looking for the next challenge without being directed to do so? If so, this may be the role you have been waiting for.
As an experienced Sr Project Manager at McGraw-Hill Education, you will get to strategize about what we create next and how we get there. If you have passion, a level head, extreme adaptability, an unusually large reservoir of energy every day, and are generally someone that people respect and like to work with, McGraw-Hill Education is for you.
In this position, you’ll coordinate the product development activities of many groups. As a critical team member, you will help us continue to change the lives of students. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the capacity and drive to make that vision a reality.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Primary party responsible for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given product initiative based in learning science
- Serves as arbiter at Program level to ensure key stakeholder (Leadership, Academic Design, Marketing, Sales, and Product) objectives are achieved throughout the product development process on projects they are assigned
- Creates a realistic plan for product execution resulting in the highest caliber products meeting clearly articulated scope and measureable business benefits
- Directs large-scale, complex projects involving multiple internal and external partners
- Directly manage all aspects of the project lifecycle and work with technology partners to ensure digital and print delivery are aligned in a strong educational product offering
- Identifies and communicates project resource forecasting to PM Director
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameter
- Develops communication plans to ensure project transparency; represents the project in various governance and School-wide forums on a monthly or more frequent basis
- Chairs weekly core team, cross-functional team, and monthly program meetings to review progress, identify risks, and eliminate roadblocks
- Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity
- Evolve deep product knowledge of platform and products
- Holds team accountable for execution of product development plan
- Works with functional resource leads to obtain specific resources once project is approved
- Identifies deviations from plan and collaborates with project team to course correct
- Assists in forecasting activities
- Actively works to stay abreast on the latest trends, practices, and strategies used in the PM industry and works with leadership to incorporate into the workplace incrementally
- Has a strategy to identify continuous improvement opportunities and work with the team to quickly pivot and implement innovative ideas throughout the project life cycle
- Demonstrates leadership through collaboration, especially with team members who do not report to the Sr PM
- Excellent Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving, Communication, Motivation, and Analytical Skills
- Highly skilled at diplomacy and conflict resolution
- Familiarity with Business analytics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, process mapping, and workflow development
- Experience leading in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong ability to prioritize projects/tasks, and manage time effectively
- Flexibility to think on your feet and adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- History of building strong relationships with stakeholders and customers
- Exemplary core project management skills demonstrated through application of the PMBOK framework while establishing and delivering complex projects
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Strong presentation skills (including crafting of communications) at multiple organizational levels
- Ability to orchestrate a project timeline that maintains a positive balance between creative development, academic integrity, business needs, and on time delivery
- Ability to craft a project plan, inclusive of budget and resources, communication and risk management, that improves the delivery of development teams
- Identify training needs and develop a program/process to address the team’s needs
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor less-senior personnel in leadership, methodology, tools, people skills, and navigating politics
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!