Senior Technical Systems Analyst - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Senior Technical Systems Analyst in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
This is a senior position within the department reporting to the Manager, Business Systems Technology. The Senior Technical Systems Analyst takes on more significant leadership and customer-facing responsibilities including project management, program coordination, training, and documentation responsibilities. The Senior Technical Systems Analyst is also an advanced technical analyst, and is responsible for maintaining a deep, advanced understanding of the tools, software, and technologies used to develop and distribute educational materials.
They will primarily be responsible for operation and deployment of Product & Finance Ops department Apple Macintosh hardware and software. The key role of the Senior Technical Systems Analyst is to ensure that all technical or hardware problems related to user-reported issues, projects, proof-of-concept (POC), user acceptance testing (UAT), or other SEG-specific issues are being actively managed and moved towards resolution. Additionally, the Senior Technical Systems Analyst is responsible for coordinating with corporate teams and maintaining hardware/software/ imaging requirements and standards for School Education Group departments actively supported by Business Systems Technology.
Additional responsibilities include providing Tiers 1-3 desktop support to end-users by installing, configuring, supporting, upgrading, troubleshooting, and remediation issues pertaining to current and future versions of common operating systems and off-the-shelf software including Microsoft, Adobe, Apple Macintosh OS, Adobe, and VPN; configuring and supporting end user network access and connectivity other systems, such as FTP’s Mass Transit, etc; utilization of corporate tools according to standard operating procedures; and documenting technical issues/solutions.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Monitor departmental support box: answer end-user questions and resolving support issues in a timely manner
- Installing, configuring, supporting, upgrading, troubleshooting, and remediating issues pertaining to current and future versions of the Macintosh OS, hardware, networking, and production-critical applications
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, and reimaging new/reissued Macintosh hardware in accordance with corporate standards
- Primary point-of-contact and representative for Macintosh issues or topics that are escalated to corporate and/or external vendors for resolution
- Conducting daily monitoring of systems
- Assisting end-users in learning new technology and processes
- Documentation of technical issues and coordinating with corporate and external resources to develop appropriate response and solution
- Integration of automated processes through use of scripts and available technology
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ITIL, CompTIA, A+ Certification, Apple Certified Technician, etc. (ACSP, AMCT, ACS, ACSA, ACTC)
- At least 5 years in a customer-facing IT support role
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of Macintosh and Windows computers, hardware, and supporting technologies
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and application features easily
- Experience with a ticket tracking database system a plus
- Project management experience preferred
- Systems analysis experience beneficial
- Operations knowledge of server and network components a plus
- Experience in training non-technical staff on applications and operations is helpful
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!