Content Project Manager - Burr Ridge, IL
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Content Project Manager working in our Burr Ridge, Illinois office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Lead, communicate, and execute on digital projects by managing the overall plan, budget, schedule, content creation, assembly, implementation, and final delivery. Ensure all projects meet market needs, quality, cost, and delivery requirements. Execute projects on time, within budget, and in adherence to MHHE quality standards. Provide solutions for resolving issues.
- Manage global partners and resources to ensure successful completion of all assigned projects. Evaluate performance, quality of work, and compliance with project specifications, and resolve issues to ensure continual development and training of external resources. Report vendor ratings as requested.
- Provide authors and other product team members with content preparation guidelines and evaluate sample work during development stage for technical and production compliance, including awareness of ADA compliancy. Perform technical review of prospective projects as needed and prepare for and participate in all meetings for assigned projects.
- Communicate and negotiate planning and product schedules with Program Manager, authors, and global partners. Collaborate with all external resources and team members to ensure schedules and budgets are maintained for all assigned projects. Ensure integrity of data in all systems, specifically iPub.
- Ensure integrity of data in all systems, specifically accuracy of iPub data.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management, including digital content production and establishing and maintaining third party relationships.
- Familiarity with entire publishing process, including multi-channel content delivery
- Ability to recognize and resolve potential issues with permissions/rights and ADA compliance
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to do training and provide technical support
- Editorial experience a plus.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and tight deadlines while ensuring consistent progress on projects.
- Proficiency in publishing workflows and digital toolsets,
- Strong knowledge of digital content authoring tools and related technologies, including HTML, Amazon Cloud, ePub and HTML 5, and other emerging technologies.
Working across the Product and Market Organization and DPG, plan and manage implementation of all assigned digital products from content creation, collection and assembly through final product delivery. Manage project budgets, establish project schedules, and act as primary project contact for both internal stakeholders and external Partners/Resources. Coordinate activities with other team members to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and that meet expected end user experience needs and content quality standards. Report on project status on a regular basis to Program Manager.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!