Human Resources Specialist - Blacklick, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Human Resources Specialist in our Blacklick, OH office. Does this sound like you?
The Human Resources Specialist provides cross-functional support across departments and administration of core programs and projects. This includes onboarding and offboarding talent including exit interviews, unemployment administration, compliance training, OSHA reporting and Workers Compensation, and Severance Administration.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Supports our domestic severance process administration including creation of severance agreements, addendums, severance packets, severance calculation estimates and tracking and reporting changes to appropriate function areas. Files and maintains all related information regarding severance actions.
- Responsible for code of business ethics reminders and tracking. Assists associates to troubleshoot issues related to courses within reporting system, performed reporting extracts as necessary. Provides information for involuntary terminations including supplemental information and supportive documentation for unemployment claims.
- Maintains required safety reports and completes all OSHA 300 and 300a logs.Reports Worker’s Compensation claims and provides follow-up communication to employee and Work Comp provider. Attends quarterly risk meeting on Worker’s Compensation. Ensures all associates with company vehicles and authorized spouses complete the verification/validation process.
- Completes exit interviews and survey extracts and analysis to business partners on trends.
- Completes and provides necessary reports and information for various requests, and maintains digital records, and hard copies when applicable.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- 3 years of Human Resources experience, preferably as a generalist supporting a variety of HR areas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. V-Lookup, Pivot Tables and Mail Merge experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication, and issue resolution skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and with offsite team members and employees
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills including ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Experience with an HR Shared Services model preferred
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with HR portals/intranets beneficial
- Experience working cross-functionally with IT/HRIS/Payroll and HR Business Partners helpful
- Strong customer/client care and problem-solving ability a plus
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professionally and personally. Click here to learn more!