Mid-Sr Software Engineer, UI - Boston, MA
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Mid-Sr Software Engineer, UI in our Boston, MA office. Does this sound like you?
Our Digital Platforms Group creates and builds data-driven digital products that enhance teaching and improve learning outcomes. In addition, the team conducts research and development targeted at new market opportunities in the quickly evolving education technology space.
The Mid-Sr Software Engineer, UI will assist with the delivery of interactive products with a focus on font-end technologies. We are open to looking at mid-sr level skills for this position and will hire in accordingly.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Cross discipline advocate who can ensure on-time delivery across engineering, user experience, product management, system administration, and release management
- Research technology issues and work with teams staff to understand and resolve challenges
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and PMO to define scope
- Prototype with emerging technologies to prove product feature sets and enhance SDLC
- Drive the adoption of conventions and best practices for front-end development
- Improve user experience and provide elegant and performant interfaces to the customers
- Ensure instrumentation and coverage metrics are addressed
- Expertise with distributed version control systems (e.g, git, svn, mercurial, accurev or similar)
- Expertise with DDD and data modeling
- Participate in code reviews
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BS/MS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent (i.e. Information Technology)
- 2-5 years or more of relevant experience
- Experience with front end MVC/MVVM/MV* frameworks (e.g., Ember, Angular, Backbone or similar)
- Experience with RESTful web service integration
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology and tracking tools (e.g., Rally, Jira, Pivotal or similar)
- Working knowledge of client/server and related technology environments
- Prior employment, volunteer or intern experience
- Motivated self-starter and team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and work in a fast-paced environment
- Eager about the digital transformation of education
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!