Lead EDI Analyst - Blacklick, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Lead EDI Analyst in our Blacklick, OH office. Does this sound like you?
The Lead EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Analyst provides leadership and oversight of a team of EDI Analysts and Developers. This position is responsible for managing offshore staff activities, as well as hands-on EDI and Oracle EBS coding and configuration skills. This is a hands-on leadership position.
The Lead EDI Analyst is responsible for supervising and maintaining daily EDI operations including onshore and offshore staffing. Manages and engages directly in on-going daily production support, new EDI onboarding enablement, prioritization of projects and assignments to support McGraw-Hill Education, customers and vendors. The Lead EDI Analyst will work closely with senior business leaders to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective solutions in alignment with global EDI policies and procedures in a timely and cost effective manner.
The primary EDI software suite is the Sterling (IBM) Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) System. Candidates must have experience with the technical aspects of Electronic Data Interchange to be considered and either possess the knowledge and skills with the Oracle EBS systems and PL/SQL coding and eCommerce Gateway.
This position requires collecting and analyzing customer specifications for EDI ANSI X12, EDIFACT and other data formats, and creates or maintains EDI data maps that are used to send and receive information to and from the customers and vendors and McGraw-Hill Education.
The position includes an understanding of the Oracle EBS system and requires proficiency in programming PL/SQL and SQL packages that are used to facilitate data transfer and processing of data to and from the GIS EDI maps and the Oracle EBS system.
A successful candidate will work directly with customers and McGraw-Hill business contacts via email and phone to gather and adjust data interface and mapping requirements. Interfaces include VAN (Value Added Network), digital certificate management for the VANs, third party vendors and FTP and SFTP based interfaces. Most EDI maps are ANSI X12 850, 810, 855, 856, 857, 820, 997 and similar but EDIFACT, XML and other formats are also used.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Supervising and maintaining daily EDI operations including onshore and offshore staffing activities, projects, priorities, daily tasks, procedures.
- Direct support of EDI enabled customers questions, requests and modifications to MHE’s EDI maps and business processes
- Analyzing customer specifications for EDI ANSI X12, EDIFACT and other data formats
- Learn and support the eCommerce Gateway, Oracle EBS inbound and outbound processing steps and programs, including configuration and PL/SQL coding.
- Learn and support the Oracle EBS Order to Cash system functionality and record processing
- Support multiple business project teams testing cycles
- Analyzing customer enablement opportunities and working with the customer and MHE business to enable them for EDI business.
- Understand SDLC process and apply/modify techniques accordingly.
- Provides effective communication regarding issues.
- Manage customers that generate up to $700 million per year in annual revenue and their associated transactions.
- Knowledge and proficiency with EDI Sterling/IBM Gentran Integration Suite on Solaris or Linux platforms including mapping and all inbound and outbound business processes.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS Order to Cash system including inbound and outbound processes and interfaces to and from the EDI translator, including SQL and PL/SQL programming abilities.
- Interaction with multiple teams composed of FTEs’ and Contractors.
- Batch scheduling for some of the business processes.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree and commensurate experience preferred.
- Leadership and management skills including organizing, prioritizing, multi-tasking with multiple staff members and teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are key to the position.
- Understanding of different software development life cycles concepts (primarily Agile and Waterfall).
- Understanding of concepts related to software quality assurance process and automation.
- 5 Years’ experience on EDI systems with multiple data formats and systems.
- General understanding of relational database concepts, principles, structures and applications.
- Experience with Office Productivity tools.
- Leadership experience guiding a team of EDI Analysts and Developers.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent customer support skills and service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of EDI maps and Oracle PL/SQL code.
- Maintaining Oracle EBS e-Commerce Gateway that is used for facilitating data transmissions with EDI trading partners.
- Oracle OIT inbound interface, order import, PO Ack, ASN and Invoice extract from Oracle, the EDI mapping operation (using IBM Integration Suite) and interfaces.
- Maintaining customer and vendor timely service level requirements.
- Installing, patching, upgrading and configuring the IBM Integration Suite application system on a Linux platform.
- Updating EDI maps per company, customer or vendor requirements.
- Onboarding; electronically enabling customers to conduct business with McGraw-Hill Education.
- Maintaining security, archival and integrity of company and customer data.
- PCI and Auditor compliance.
- Business Analysis for the EDI system, including the EDI maps, PL/SQL programs, the basic functionality and processing of customer orders, PO Acks, ASNs and Invoices that are facilitated through the Oracle EBS system.
- Change migration, version management, test plans, obtaining and applying required approvals and signoffs.
- Working with customers, customer service, account editing, vendors, customers and business.
- Working with project teams to help facilitate testing and validation using EDI records and processing as an integral part of the business team’s projects.
- Develop a full understanding of the range of customer relationships and provide phone, online and in-person support to end-users (both internal and external) on the use of the enterprise applications.
- Administer user accounts for all enterprise internal applications.
- Provide timely follow-up and status reports to staff on all issues and inquires throughout the resolution process.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!