Curriculum Specialist, K-5 - New York, Home, NY
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Curriculum Specialist, K-5 preferably based in NY, NJ, MD, or PA territories. This is an open territory, remote based position, does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
Reporting to the Professional Learning Director, the Curriculum Specialist will be responsible for providing educational expertise to the sales team and schools for the sale and implementation of a variety of instructional materials/programs and services to private, parochial, and public schools / districts. This individual will position himself / herself as credible with educators and know how to balance being the expert while maintaining a customer focus. You will strategize with sales colleagues on campaign planning and execution and to position products including meeting with teachers, district or higher level administrators and educator’s pre and post-sale and create and deliver explicit sales presentations that support the sales message. The Curriculum Specialist supports numerous other contacts with the customer including product in-services and professional developmental workshops for educators. At every interaction with the customer, you seek opportunities to advance the sale, close some sales, and/or upsell and find new revenue opportunities. As well, you will implement a consultative selling approach and understand value drivers and implicit and explicit questioning techniques. The Curriculum Specialist will create and deliver internal product and program training, as well as support pilot sales.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports detailing sales activity and progress towards goals.
- Learning and demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of existing and new programs/products and being able to convey that knowledge to others in a short period of time.
- Following up on customer requests and identify/resolve concerns in a timely manner.
- Recognizing and understanding customer verbal cues and body language, able to handle any situation and objection with finesse, and maintain composure at all times.
- Supporting sales colleagues in attending exhibits, educational conferences, etc.
- Regular, overnight travel up to 80%.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three plus years of teaching experience in ELA, Social Studies, Math or Science.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and online/web-based tools.
- Must have versatile technology skills.
- Must be able to travel overnight often (85%).
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must live near a major metropolitan airport.
- Previous experience with curriculum development and selection preferred.
- Can develop rapport with an audience and effectively and strategically respond to audience questions.
We offer a competitive salary and uncapped bonus, a company car, and paid expenses, in addition to top-notch benefits. We provide Curriculum Specialist the opportunity for personal and professional growth and advancement at a company that is a recognized global leader.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Maryland, North America-United States-Pennsylvania