Editor-Project Development - New York City, NY
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Developer Editor – Digital/Print working in our New York office.
Our Professional team develops and distributes market-leading medical, technical, engineering and business content in print and digital formats for the professional, education and test preparation communities.
- Log all manuscript and prepare it for the production process.
- Collaborate with production team by managing external stakeholders (vendors and authors) to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Manage the permissions process and communicate guidelines to all authors.
- Review all book covers and back cover copy.
- Serve as a liaison between software team and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate all content submission and loading.
- Under the direction of the sponsoring editors, develop work flow maps.
- Ensure that product requirements are clearly articulated.
- Complete QA work as needed.
- Edit content/manuscript as needed.
- Participate in user testing and communicate findings.
- Routinely prepare and distribute usage reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant years of experience
- Basic knowledge of AMA editorial style
- 2 plus years of publishing experience and familiarity with educational software
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to evaluate art quality
- Knowledge of the digital product development process
- Voracious appetite for learning
- Strong desire to clearly understand customer needs/pain points and relate those to product requirements
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and the rationale behind them
- Experience in determining time/cost estimates
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!