Academic Designer (Project Status Worker) - Chicago, IL
McGraw-Hill Education, the leading provider of digital and print educational materials is looking for Academic Designers (Project Status Worker) for an Elementary (K-5) Social Studies programs. It is an exciting time for Social Studies at MHE! We are looking for passionate people to join our team in Chicago as we eagerly plan and develop our next generation of program.
Academic Designers are content and curriculum experts. They assemble high-quality content based on specific product requirements for programs and understanding the solution design. They collaborate with the Academic Design Leads and Product Sponsors to help develop the solution design (both conceptualization and implementation).
This is a project status position.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Plan and develop content (including learning objectives, scope/sequence, tables of contents, lessons, videos, and teacher resources) for teacher and student materials–including print, digital, and media projects
- Demonstrate strong understanding of elementary (K-5) pedagogical issues and content.
- Produce accurate, error-free, high-quality products that meet curriculum standards and market requirements and that display appropriate content, reading level, grammar, and style
- Stay up to date on emerging educational/curriculum trends, educational technology, and emerging technologies within field and adjacent to field
- Conduct quality assurance testing of digital assets within a variety of authoring tools, digital platforms, and applications.
- Work closely with marketing, production, design, and manufacturing to ensure that market requirements, project schedules, and goals are met.
- Must be detail oriented and able to edit a variety of materials both digital and print in a timely manner.
- Communicate with fellow team members about project progress, and develop solutions to address issues.
- Work as a team player to meet all intermediate and final schedules.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to create, visualize, and lay out content for various delivery formats and classroom settings
- Highly organized, goal-oriented, and collaborative
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, quality, and on-time delivery
- Subject matter expertise; teaching experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of eLearning and digital object editing tools, HTML and CMS (Content Management Systems) – a plus
- Displays and acts with initiative, integrity, and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills with strong verbal and writing and presentation proficiency
- Knowledge of CMS authoring and Learning Management Tools and CCSS Standards alignments a plus
- Working knowledge of cutting-edge software and hardware trends, especially as they relate to Web 2.0 and Social Networking applications
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Diverse computer skills, expert-level in MS Excel and Word, some knowledge of multimedia tools, XML, HTML and content management tools
- Classroom teaching experience, preferably elementary literacy and social studies preferred.
- Experience writing/editing instructional materials, lesson plans, assessment materials, or storyboards and specs for digital materials a plus.
- Experience with digital authoring tools, content management systems, blogging software tools a plus.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!