Product Marketing Manager - Advanced Placement, Honors & Electives - Columbus, OH
MHE has an exceptional opportunity for a Product Marketing Manager, Advanced Placement, Honors & Electives based in our Columbus, OH office or remotely.
In this position, you will be responsible for project management of the Advanced Placement, Honors & Electives portfolio through the development and execution of high-impact marketing strategies that employ market research, customer segmentation, Voice of the Customer, competitive positioning, market assessment, pricing, as well as informing new product development across assigned product lines.
As part of the Product Marketing team, you will contribute to the work that represents the Voice of the Customer and be tasked with developing and executing the launch of new products and platforms, supporting high-visibility campaigns in several states, developing high-impact collateral, and contributing to the expansion of our product and service offerings. The job requires an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on time and on budget.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Collaborate within marketing, sales, and product development to bring the voice of the customer to everything you do
- Manage tactics, resources, and schedules to ensure timely and flawless execution and delivery working with across functional areas and with external agencies
- Review and translate insightful, comprehensive market research to understand the needs of the market and integrate them into our marketing strategies
- Write and edit copy, and manage creative production for content, promotional, and thought leadership assets including: print and online collateral, internal training materials and presentations, customer-facing product and market presentations, and sales enablement materials.
- Support efforts to understand the competitive landscape and provide competitive differentiation through sales support and the development of marketing strategies.
What you’ll need to be successful:
The Product Marketing Manager must be hands-on and detail-oriented, and able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment. This person must have strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. This individual will be a team player who is well versed in the details.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing Communication, Product Marketing, or related marketing or sales functions – educational publishing industry preferred.
- Experience in segmentation, positioning, pricing, and new product development practices preferred
- Confident and willing to take risks and make smart decisions
- Strong ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Strategic thinker who puts the needs of the whole over their individual contribution
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal forms
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency
- Desire to learn, ask questions and challenge conventional thinking
- Always acts with the highest level of ethics and integrity
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!