Product Manager, 6-12 Social Studies - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Product Manager, 6-12 Social Studies in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
As Product Manager, you are responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of innovative Social Studies programs for grades 6-12 students and teachers. Your knowledge of classroom teaching, educational technology, and product development will combine with marketing inputs to define product designs that are effective, engaging, efficient, and easy to use. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business managers, marketing managers, and content experts to drive the value and profitability of products.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Lead cross-functional teams to conceptualize and design middle & high school social studies programs that align tightly with market requirements
- Help achieve revenue goals by developing products that fully align with the market requirements and optimize cost efficiencies
- Manage the development of digital and print products from concept to delivery, including collaborations with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement products
- Work with content experts, technical project managers, and instructional designers to research, design, and develop detailed concepts and guidelines for materials, products, programs, and solutions in accordance with relevant learning objectives
- Present business cases, including schedule, budget, and product requirements, in order to acquire funding
- Facilitate the creation of written and conceptual prototypes and proofs of concept in the feasibility phase of projects to ensure validity of solution designs
- Support the launch of the product by collaborating with content experts, Marketing, and Sales.
- Act as product owner and central decision maker throughout the process of defining and building the product, holding cross-functional teams accountable to the schedule and budget
- Track competitive professional development landscape, keeping abreast of new innovations and developments in the market
- Bachelor's degree in education, instructional technology, or humanities; Master's degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in related role
- Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy and the K-12 teaching environment with teaching experience, preferred
- Strong program management skills, including budget and scheduling
- Strong knowledge of eLearning solutions, including online multimedia and video; LMS knowledge helpful
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience managing digital product development
- Confident, objective, inquisitive, motivated self-starter
- Must have proven ability to influence and negotiate across functional teams
- Displays practical business sense, fiscal skills, and accountability
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!