Sr Marketing Automation Specialist - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, and highly motivated Senior Marketing Automation Specialist in our Columbus, OH office. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
The Senior Marketing Automation Specialist will be responsible for supporting the execution of integrated marketing programs through our marketing automation platform (Marketo). As a power user of Marketo, the Senior Marketing Automation Specialist will act as a key resource for the marketing teams, providing guidance on email and lead nurture best practices and the ideal usage of marketing tools and technologies to achieve optimal campaign performance and meet business objectives.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Support the execution of integrated marketing programs through our marketing automation platform (Marketo), including programs for email and lead nurture campaigns, landing pages, paid search and social campaigns, and other programs to ensure all marketing activities are trackable and measurable
- Manage and build various emails & lists, overseeing the email templates, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders, including Relationship Marketing, Product Marketing, Creative, Sales, Strategy & Analytics, and other departments, as a strategic partner and advisor for marketing automation best practices
- Build and maintain landing pages to support acquisition and engagement marketing programs, to successfully reach new and existing contacts
- Support A/B testing to gain actionable insights and improve campaign performance
- Project manage multiple job requests and maintain detailed project schedule
- Understand and master available data sources/data structure, and develop data segmentation strategies to effectively communicate with marketing team’s ideal target audience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, web development, or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing automation administration, developing and implementing marketing campaigns, utilizing Salesforce.com along with an automation tool (experience optimally w/ Marketo, but could also be Eloqua, Silverpop, Pardot, Hubspot, etc).
- At least 1 year tactical experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies and the customer journey
- Proven knowledge in HTML and CSS across multiple browsers and platforms. Working knowledge of Bootstrap is encouraged.
- Experience in Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM) strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to take the lead in optimizing campaign quality and suggesting technical enhancements to improve performance
- Proactive mindset ability to work with minimal guidance, set and adjust priorities
- Consistent track record of excellence
- Understanding of the latest trends, challenges, and capabilities in the marketing automation and email marketing space
- Strong project/time management skills (very organized and able to manage multiple projects)
- Understanding of marketing operations, specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered emails
- Strong work ethic, keen attention to detail, and an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!