Product Manager, Elementary Mathematics - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Product Manager, Elementary Mathematics preferred in our Columbus, OH office, but open to our Chicago, IL location as well. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
We are looking for a strategic problem solver who is comfortable making decisions and leading through change. As a Product Manager supporting our elementary math curricula, including Everyday Mathematics and My Math, you will help lead the product development efforts for one of the most respected and successful product lines in K-12 education.
Your knowledge of educational technology, product development, and classroom teaching will combine with marketing inputs to define product and service solutions that are effective, engaging, efficient, and easy to use. You must be energized through meaningful collaboration with cross-functional teams, including content experts, project managers, business managers, and product marketing managers. You champion the voice of the customer and provide leadership to a large project team to maintain a consistent product vision.
- Conceptualize and create winning solutions that align tightly with market requirements; facilitate this work by translating research-based market needs into compelling product visions, testing concepts and experiences with customers, and making smart modifications and tradeoffs
- Serve as the primary decision maker for how the product is defined, holding teams accountable to product and market requirements.
- Solve problems and remove barriers to ensure product is correctly aligned to market needs, meets market deadlines, and doesn’t exceed the approved budget.
- Work with platform experts to define required technology specifications and determine how proposed products/services can integrate with existing McGraw-Hill Education platforms in order to solve customer problems.
- Work closely with marketing and sales efforts around messaging, go-to-market strategy, and marketing plan execution.
- Serve as a thought leader and spokesperson for his/her programs by participating in industry organizations and market outreach efforts.
- Continuously monitor product performance, the competitive environment, and market changes so that you can increase product effectiveness and ultimately drive profitability
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of experience leading product development projects related to instructional solutions; expertise in both digital and print delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in education, marketing, or business field(s)
- Confident, objective, inquisitive, motivated self-starter
- Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions
- Knowledgeable regarding educational methodologies, instructional design, technology development, and production processes
- Proactive, flexible leader who takes personal responsibility for product development
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate across functional teams
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; must be a direct, articulate, and thoughtful communicator
- Displays practical business sense, fiscal skills and accountability; expertise in budgeting, project approval, and forecasting spending
- Ability to present program strategies, plans, and finished products to senior management, sales force, and customers
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago