Associate Data Warehouse Analyst, EDW - East Windsor, NJ
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Associate Data Warehouse Analyst, EDW preferred in our East Windsor, NJ office but open to our Blacklick, OH office as well. Does this sound like you?
The Business Analyst on the Data Warehouse team is primarily responsible for all functions involving data warehouse reporting. They will define the requirements behind various business requests and provide updates on the status of “active service requests” (requests for data warehouse enhancements). All MHE sales transactions, currently $2.6B/year, are extracted from the Oracle 11i application and posted to the EDW. The EDW provides data for future sales forecasting, current sales data by sales force team member, and is used to calculate incentive compensation payments.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Provide functional expertise among a team of data warehouse analysts who partner with business unit support professionals in McGraw-Hill Education.
- Test ETL code that has been supplied to ensure the requirements are being met and the changes are sound.
- Determine underlying issues to common business problems and use appropriate influencing, negotiation, and change management techniques to implement best practice solutions.
- Work with the offshore development team on the requirements documentation, functional design, assembly testing, and user acceptance testing of Data Warehouse enhancements/upgrades.
- Actively network within the McGraw-Hill community to address stated reporting needs as well as proactively identify long- and short-term solutions, systematic and procedural, to improve the reporting capabilities of McGraw-Hill’s business unit reporting and support functions.
- Work actively with other professionals in the business units and corporate groups, as well as technology personnel in corporate departments, the Education business segment technology group (GTS), and onshore and offshore development resources to resolve data warehouse support issues.
- Assist in developing the vision for the application.
- Report progress and status toward department goals in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, a technical discipline, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in application development.
- Minimum of 1 years of Data Warehousing design and implementation (or equivalent) experience is required.
- Informatica (ETL) and Business Objects (Adhoc query tool) experience is a strong plus.
- Thorough understanding of application/software development lifecycle with strong testing experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and spoken communication skills are essential.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving ability are essential.
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people in challenging and complex endeavors, as demonstrated by successful team experience.
- Experience with the Rational Unified Process (RUP) or equivalent is a plus.
- Strong business and analytical skills in order to define Return on Investment (ROI) from business requirements.
- Strong business and analytical skills in order to assess business requests and translate the information into business requirements that can be used by either the onshore or offshore development resources to create an effective Data Warehousing solution.
- Excellent communication skills are also required, written and oral, to effectively describe Oracle and the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) capabilities to the business teams, helping them the highest level of benefits from the functionality provided by the EDW.
- This position will need to be able to review symptoms and communicate effectively through the proper support channel and process in order to isolate and discern the actual issue that is causing the symptoms (root cause analysis).
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Ohio-Blacklick