Content Licensing Specialist - Dubuque, IA
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Content Licensing Specialist working in our Dubuque, Iowa office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Lead, communicate, and execute the research and clearance of rights for third party content for print and digital products. Responsible for schedule, costs, compliancy, and quality of all assigned work. Work with authors and product teams for early turnover of asset specifications. Negotiate with rights holders on fees and terms. Assign jobs to outside vendors; create contract and monitor their work. Work with team to establish schedule, budgets, quality and risk for all deliverables.
- Work with researchers, stock houses, developmental editors, portfolio managers, staff designers, authors and in-house production staff in ensuring quality and compliancy are met on all programs. Manage print and digital asset resources to ensure timely, cost-effective, assets of the highest quality for all programs and products within.
- Collaborate and partner with product teams on delivery expectations.
- Ability to negotiate with rights holders. Knowledge of copyright law and contracts.
- Monitor the storage and archiving of all acquired assets. Ensure integrity of data in all systems.
- Keep abreast of digital authoring and other MHE initiatives and how content licensing will adapt and add value to the process.
- Enhance productivity, improve speed to market. Responsible for management of plant dollars associated with assigned research projects and permission costs. Managing both operating and plant costs. Responsible for meeting publication dates.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete projects
- 2 or more years of project manager experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- PMP Certification a plus
- Familiarity of database systems a plus
- Understanding of various enterprise (GPS) and Higher Ed systems and data flows used in data tracking and reporting
Working directly with Manager, the Content Licensing Specialist is responsible for implementing and directing research and acquisition process for print and digital 3rd party assets to be used in creating higher education product. Implements rights management policy and processes for all assets acquired. Collaborates with our digital asset library team on implementing metadata, search criteria and uploading standards. Collaborates with authors, editors, and project managers on all assigned programs to ensure project execution on time and within budget. Ensure accurate data and interaction with systems (GPS)
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!