Content Developer - Higher Education - Noida, India
has an opening for an experienced, innovative, and strategic Content Developer based at our Noida office, India.
The Content Developer works closely with several key stakeholders to implement the vision, strategy, development and growth of a diverse range of competitive, reputable and financially viable portfolios of print and digital products across the region.
You will work on local, regional and global projects to meet market needs. You will ensure currency with ongoing content curation and acquisition to meet the objectives of the regional MVP roadmaps. You will execute on product vision strategy for market share growth. You have an understanding of the learning capabilities of our platforms and products.
As a Content Developer you will champion the learning capabilities of our platforms and products with your peers in the region as well as other key business stakeholders (as relevant). You may be called on to collaborate across regions on new global initiatives.
Your contribution to the team will include:
Below are the essential accountabilities that are critical to the successful performance of this position, and the expected outcomes.
a. STRATEGIC AND COMPETITIVE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
· Ensuring regular and open communications with external and internal stakeholders and customers
· Keep content current, accurate and reinvigorated through actively addressing market feedback and observing key market changes
· Hone your market development skills and be able to consider the best / most effective way of engaging with the market to suit the research needs; including focus groups, calling, etc.
· Undertake competitive analyses of competing markets and products to inform product development direction and strategies
· Influencing and negotiating with authors/SMEs where needed to ensure customer insight drives content development
· Designing content based on the premise of accuracy and reliability for the market with technical review programs
· Effective partnerships across the region or globally to co-collaborate on development and leverage content development efficiencies and best practices
· Ensure robust quality assurance process for projects, especially digital first
· Manages and ensures continuous evolution and improvement of Content Development agencies/external content developers for quality product development
END RESULT: Successful execution of a competitive and strategic program to grow market share
Percent of Time
b. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
· Displays strong budget management skills, managing developmental costs by working closely within established product specifications, as stated in the costing documents.
· Maintaining multiple project schedules effectively (in Smartsheet) and ensuring all key milestones are met on time
· Tracking project progress during development and production processes to reach desired go-to-market dates and managing and timely communication of any risks to internal stakeholders
· Develops strong project management skills and can look ahead and manage bottlenecks effectively, as well as pre-empt issues and risks with schedules and deliverables
· Undertaking all process stages for project including but not limited to preparing design specs, writing effective briefs for SMEs and vendors, clearing permissions, undertaking QA
· Develop content according to strict quality benchmarks and agreed standards for respective products
· Maintaining positive, non-transactional relationships with authors/SMEs, ensuring agreements sign offs with and timely payments
· Effective acquisition and coaching of authors/SMEs aligned to business vision and strategy, including training and support for content development in our platforms
· Support authors/SMEs where necessary to continually adapt to digital-first authoring experiences
c. MARKET FOCUS & SALES SUPPORT
· Uncover and analyse current and future market problems, trends, behaviours and personas through rigorous research & engagement and ensure these needs are met during the content development process
· Support the sales team through development of strategic sales enablement tools, product demonstrations and training and co-calling (where appropriate).
· Engage our end-users in testing, evaluating our prototypes or beta-versions of products to drive product enhancements and improvements.
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with various parties throughout the development and launch process, including reviewers, sales and marketing colleagues, regional and global contacts, etc., as required.
· Active championing of products with internal and external customers Service and solutions-focused mindset to all customers and authors to enhance MHE brand in market
· Being accountable to ensure all integral touch-points with the market and customers are entered into MHE’s customer relationship management (CRM) platform.
· Ensuring all relevant sales leads are communicated to internal stakeholders.
END RESULT: Ensure program meets or exceed sales expectations through effective research and development; and internal and external collaboration
d. DIGITAL AND INNOVATIVE PRACTICES
· Transition print products to digital versions and releases to extend product brand lifecycle and optimise user experience
· Help guide MHE’s digital transformation through process redesign and optimisation.
· Implement change initiatives as MHE continues its transition into the industry’s leading learning science company.
· Contribute to digital optimization efforts by embracing new technologies and establishing efficient processes for working with them
· Actively contribute to new ideas, processes, methodologies or delivery of content
· Innovation in product concept, configuration and delivery mechanisms Become a proactive product champion for new platforms and product initiatives
END RESULT: Ensuring MHE content and products are continually evolving to meet changing market needs; coaching internal and external stakeholders to enhance MHE’s digital transformation and identifying new market opportunities
- Management of project budgets
- Supports annual regional revenue
1. Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering and at least 2 years’ experience in publishing, education, technology or other relevant industry with a focus on content development and/or instructional design.
2. Drive for results
3. Creative problem-solving and a solutions-focused mindset
4. Data-driven mindset underpinned by strong research and analytical skills
5. Willingness to acquire and analyse market knowledge
6. Articulate, persistent and constructive negotiation skills
7. Outstanding communication and relationship building skills with a range of internal and external stakeholders
8. Impeccable time management and organisational skills underpinned by transparency to business stakeholders
9. Ability to manage multiple, competing projects across a variety of market sectors
10. Successful management of project budgets to maximise profitability
11. A positive and proactive and team-oriented outlook
12. Passion for technology-enabled learning and desire to drive change
13. High degree of digital literacy (i.e. Microsoft Applications, digital/cloud platforms for content management and authoring, variety of business tools such as CRM software)
14. Understanding of instructional design is an asset
· Working outside-in: Your core focus is to uncover and analyse current and future market problems, trends, behaviours and customers personas through analysing research & driving customer engagement to build compelling solutions for these market needs during content development and design.
As a Content Developer you will consistently champion this approach across your own products, your CD colleagues, and cross-divisionally
· Partnering across teams: You work effectively across the organisation when collaborating and communicating with internal, and external, stakeholders. You build partnerships both within your team and the wider business to collectively deliver on business vision and problem-solve challenges that emerge. You communicate in a clear manner that’s meaningful to the audience your message is directed at.
As a Content Developer you are self-driven in establishing effective networks across the organisation and have a strong understanding of the strategic message to be communicated. You are able to convey this with confidence and expertise, both externally to authors, subject matter experts (SMEs) and customers and internally in order to effectively present our products and align to strategy in your discussions with sales and marketing.
· Executing with Agility: You can manage uncertainty and have the ability to adjust to rapidly changing situations (markets, customer needs, internal processes). Your approach to development is defined by seeking out efficiencies and optimal workflows. You strive to evolve research techniques and development processes based on new information and insight; and keep abreast of and investigate how to leverage trends in technology and learning platforms and invigorate content development.
As a Content Developer you clearly execute on evolving research techniques and development processes based on new information and insight; keeping abreast of and proactively and collaboratively investigate how to leverage trends in technology and learning platforms, and invigorate content development.
· Driving with data: You act with intellectual curiosity and analyse data from multiple sources to determine the best approaches to content development. You also actively influence and negotiate with authors, SMEs and vendors to integrate market feedback in the development of quality content.
As a Content Developer you are proactive in determining the best approaches to content development and problem-solving. You are influential and a strong negotiator when working with authors, SMEs and vendors to integrate market feedback in the development of quality content.
· Strong initiative and time management: You work across multiple projects and markets and are able to manage competing timelines, multiple deliverables effectively and efficiently, and take steps to prioritise and mitigate risks and escalate these appropriately whilst also rethinking processes and techniques.
As a Content Developer you are able to achieve this across multiple and complex projects, which may include a large author group and/or challenging authors. You are able to effectively foreshadow risks and consider the mitigation plans early and are proactive in addressing these with stakeholders with feasible actions.
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalised learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you possess excellent attention to detail and have outstanding communication skills, we want to talk to you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education?