Sr. Business Analyst, Oracle PDH/PIM - Blacklick, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Sr. Business Analyst, Oracle PDH/PIM in our Blacklick, OH office. Does this sound like you?
This critical role within the Global Technology Services Organization is responsible for identifying and delivering innovative enterprise technology solutions to meet strategic business needs. Working with the MHE Leadership Team and Project Management this role will be responsible for translating high-level business needs into detailed requirements and to work with the appropriate application architects and developers to produce clear and accurate functional and technical specifications documents that define appropriate solutions to diverse problems. This role will primarily support our Oracle Product Data Hub, serving as the Master Data Management toolset in the MHE application landscape.
The Senior Business Analyst is a critical member of the McGraw-Hill Education Global Technology Solutions (GTS) team. The GTS team is responsible for the key operations and functions of all critical applications that support McGraw-Hill Education business operations. Application areas that GTS supports include Order Management and Distribution, Supply Chain, Finance, Salesforce Management, Royalty Management, Rights & Permissions Management, and Master Data Management. Primary responsibilities of the group include the integration and functional operations of all back office applications (Oracle ERP and other) with business unit applications, websites, and learning platforms as necessary. The Senior Business Analyst will work as a liaison between business users and offshore vendors in order to deliver high quality solutions.
The applications being utilized by MHE and reviewed with the business units through requests for changes/enhancements by this team are the core back-office applications. The key facts include McGraw-Hill Education earns >$1B in annual revenue. The Master Data Management system houses over 1M ISBNs/Part Numbers (SKU’s) across multiple divisions of the McGraw-Hill Education business.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Support various Master Data Management (Oracle PDH) software implementation projects for the GTS department related to McGraw-Hill’s digital transformation as well as Oracle back-office functions as needed.
- Conducts reviews and analysis of business and information technology processes and solicits client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Identifies customer requirements, writes functional designs, reviews technical designs, develops test scripts, reviews testing plans and tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
- Evaluates business requirements for enterprise business applications integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integrated solutions.
- Participates in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of system requirements.
- Alerts project managers to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Provide functional and application expertise among a team of business solution analysts and functional solution architects to provide solutions to diverse problems for our business units professionals in McGraw-Hill Education (Oracle e-Business Application suite or other)
- Work with MHE leadership and project management to define the overall scope, detailed timeline, budget, resource requirements, etc…based on guidelines provided from the executive team
- Drive and define detailed solution design based on requirements from the business
- Work with the project manager to define, communicate and manage Risk Plans, Communication Plans, etc….
- Liaison between the project and other GTS and business unit organizations. Responsible for ensuring other departments that may be impacted by the project are informed, expectations are set, etc…
- Responsible for the quality of the solution delivered and ensuring it meets the business expectations
- Responsible for defining and communicating the process and organizational impacts of the new technology solution
- Work with the business teams to understand organizational & business process change management impacts due to the new technology
- Work with the offshore vendor teams (such as TCS or others) on requirements documentation, functional design, assembly testing, and User Acceptance Testing of enhancements/upgrades to related applications (Oracle or other)
- Determine underlying issues to common business problems and use appropriate influencing, negotiation, and change management techniques to implement best practice solutions.
- Work with the Business Leadership to identify strategic business needs, high level requirements, potential technology solutions and business benefits for enterprise application projects.
- Work with MHE leadership and project managers to develop a high level scope, budget, project plan, resource plan, etc….
- Work with the business units to define the business case for approval and funding.
- Assist in the Evaluation/selection of implementation services providers
- May be asked to review /approve the technical solution architectures on assigned projects.
- May be asked to validate the proposed architectures fit within the MHE’s standards and enterprise application strategy.
- Establish Domain expertise in all the relevant back office systems as needed to support project initiatives
- Promote knowledge sharing of best practices across the Global Technology Solutions organization
- Utilize project management processes and methodologies for IT that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet the customer's expectations
- May be required to deliver project implementation from ‘cradle to grave’.
- May also be required to perform some hardware planning in addition to software application development
- Degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science (or equivalent), MBA is desirable
- Minimum 6-8 yrs of experience implementing Enterprise Business Systems in large global organizations
- Prior experience implementing Oracle PDH (Product Data Hub) highly desired.
- Prior implementation of large scale ERP (Oracle, SAP, Salesforce.com or equivalent) applications is required, multiple implementations preferred
- Prior experience with modules such as Oracle Agile PLM, Engineering, Inventory, Order Management, and Procurement etc.
- Understanding of Data architecture and enterprise data modelling.
- Prior Tier 1 Consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering enterprise class solutions across a broad range of business processes
- Proven track record of successfully aligning technology around strategic business goals in large global organizations
- Thorough understanding of application development and testing lifecycle, preferably working in Offshore/Outsourcing development and support models.
- Knowledge of a broad range of business processes with understanding of impacts to financial processes
- Background in the Publishing or Media & Entertainment industry (or similar) is desirable.
- Proven analytical, decision making & judgment skills, leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people in challenging and complex endeavors, as demonstrated by successful team experience.
- Proven ability to work directly and communicate effectively with all levels and groups across the organization and provide useful information and explanations about technical issues in a complete, accurate, and understandable manner.
- Thorough understanding of data modeling techniques and master data management principles is a plus
- Thorough understanding of global reporting requirements and corresponding Business Intelligence tools is a plus
- Experience in creating and implementing business processes is a plus.
- Experience in Project Management is a plus.
- Strong business and analytical skills in order to define Return On Investment (ROI) from business requirements.
- Strong business and analytical skills in order to assess business requests and translate the information into business requirements that can be used by either the onshore or offshore development resources to create an effective application solution.
- Excellent communication skills are also required, written and oral, to effectively describe application capabilities to the business teams, helping them achieve the highest level of benefits from the functionality provided by the application.
- This position will need to be able to review symptoms and communicate effectively through the proper support channel and process in order to isolate and discern the actual issue that is causing the symptoms (root cause analysis).
- This position must then be able to provide an overall context to the problem for anyone they involve in resolving the problem, as well as communicating the resolution, any interim steps, and required user interactions required as part of the final resolution.
- The ability to organize and lead a team or set of business users to accomplish clearly defined goals.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!