Kubernetes / Cloud Engineer - East Windsor, NJ
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Kubernetes / Cloud Engineer preferred in our East Windsor, NJ office but open to our Boston, MA and Seattle, WA hubs as well. Does this sound like you?
As a Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for developing and implementing a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) framework, combining Infrastructure and Development workflows with control points, auditing and visibility. In this role, you will effectively define, develop and support CI/CD tools and technology stacks streamlining implementation, management and reporting capabilities. Drive solutions from both Infrastructure and Development teams by creating scalable and modular solution sets for current and future use cases. And advocate and embrace the benefits of CI/CD by working directly with teams of all backgrounds and skillsets aiding the transition from legacy models. You thrive in the Agile/Scrum methodology, favoring human interaction over processes and tools, to iteratively deliver Minimum Viable Products and solutions as rapidly as possible.
To help achieve your goals you have a passion to automatically build, manage and provision Infrastructure & applications to the cloud through code. You understand what it means to run an enterprise at scale, can excel in a fast past, highly fluid environment and love to test and learn new ideas. You’re open to critical feedback on what works and doesn’t work and can clearly communicate your ideas and concepts to a broad and technical group of stakeholders.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Learn the current Kubernete’s environment, improve the architecture, implement improvements and support SRE teams using Kubernetes.
- Operational support of Kubernetes environment – ie… up down support, maintenance, upgrades, administration etc…
- Develop and maintain the CI/CD build stack for internal Infrastructure and Development teams
- Continually improve the onboarding, adoption and time to consumption by writing and developing automation routines pulling the DevOps tooling into a transparent service offering
- Create reporting modules and dashboards on CI/CD usage, audits, deployment status and queue management
- Actively work with Development, Operations and QA on issues and gaps solution design and implementation
- Build solutions and basic dashboards with standard full-stack webapp tiers (LAMP, MEAN— that is, Linux, Apache, Nginx, Perl/PHP, Node/Express, Mongo/MySQL).
- Contributes to platform specification and design of next generation tooling and orchestration engines
- Exploiting cloud technologies to their full potential. You know how to navigate Amazon Web Services and how to use their services.
- You know what RESTful APIs are and can disambiguate between a 200, or 201 request, name and know GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.
- Understanding what it means to be effective first and efficient second.
- Communicate complex ideas and concepts in a clear and articulate manner.
- You understand what minimum viable product means and can deliver incrementally and fastwith quality.
- Challenging the status quo in a collaborative fashion and be willing abandon efforts and directions that aren’t paying off. Test and Learn is second nature to you.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3 – 5 years of experience architecting, building and supporting Kubernetes environments in AWS.
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in automation, engineering and operations
- 5 years’ in creating and consuming web services, and developing API’s
- DevOps Tools experience: Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Dockers, Kubernetes, Dockers, Git/GitHub, Atlassian Suite, Jenkins, CircleCi
- Cloud Suite and Services such as Amazon Web Services
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Washington-Seattle, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston