Director of Marketing - US Professional - New York City, NY
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
- Development and implementation of a market leading brand strategy
- Developing and delivering the marketing strategy for the US region
- Developing the marketing strategy for both new and existing products / services
- Highly metrics-based marketing activity utilizing Marketo & associated monthly KPI reporting
- Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns and events
- Developing a digital strategy for the business in order to meet customers’ future requirements
- Working closely with the company’s Sales teams; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Working closely with the Editorial and Product teams to ensure they have line of sight of appropriate & targeted activity to support widest possible awareness & demand for product.
- Guiding the day to day activities of the marketing team including monthly management of marketing budgets.
- Creating and managing a calendar of events including conferences, innovation and planning days.
- Utilizing Marketo to execute & track performance of campaigns through the sales pipeline – reporting on top, middle and bottom funnel lead progression; creating benchmarks and restorative activity if required.
- In partnership with the Commercial and Sales Directors of the US Professional businesses, identify, and deliver against, their marketing requirements.
- Managing the US Professional’s social media presence to improve its reputation and recognition of authors, products and services in the priority target market segments.
- Work in partnership with International Marketing Directors to ensure assets and activity can be utilized to promote and sell US Professional product in key growth markets outside of the US.
- Working with the Core Marketing Services team, implement market analysis of the competitive environment and customer trends for the US region.
- Work with product and the Proposition Marketing Group counterparts to provide insight into persona development, market and segment opportunities.
- Effectively manage & develop a high performing team, with a clear focus on execution who are joined up and leveraging key skills, experience & systems.
- Getting involved in support of new channel partners, large-scale & enterprise level deals and projects as is necessary.
- A proven background and experience in a similar role preferably from Professional Publishing or EdTech background or education marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- First-hand experience in design & deployment of modern marketing techniques, incl. content marketing, channel marketing, demand generation, insights, digital & social marketing, brand etc. and with evidenced & demonstrable success in driving new business growth & market penetration.
- Gravitas & ability to communicate well at all levels within & external to the organization
- Strong experience and reputation as a customer-led marketer.
- Ability to set goals and priorities, self-motivation to achieve them.
- Highly driven and effective collaborator with Sales and Product colleagues.
- Ability to work with different stakeholder groups while keeping marketing priorities in firm sight.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!