Agile Tools Admin - Noida, India
has an opening for an experienced, innovative, and strategic Agile Tools Admin based at our Noida office, India.
The Agile Tools Admin will be responsible for administrating CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub, Sonar Qube, Gradle scripts, Serena/PVCS etc.in terms of build deployment, trouble shooting on deployment related issues, scripts maintenance, scheduling jobs in the Jenkins server, users on-boarding/off-boarding, users access setup, projects creation, different reports creation and customization, support for tools during patch upgrade activities from infrastructure team, major/minor versions upgrade to the tools on the server, bouncing Jenkins server etc. Single point of contact from Offshore for Agile Tools admin team in terms of technical guidance and assisting the QA/QC team both at onshore and offshore in process, development and innovation of quality assurance & testing methods and tools for the GTS Business Systems department. This role is focused on back office software applications providing feedback and recommendations on technical quality. Additionally, this role provides guidance to the larger GTS Business Systems department on SDLC process improvement and process automation.
Your contribution to the team will include:
1. Jenkins server setup and configuration, jobs scheduling and maintenance, business rules setup
2. Project setup and configuring all required parameters, users creation and maintenance, build deployment automatically scheduling basis in the Jenkins server and pushing code deployment into the target environment
3. Developing and maintenance of Gradle/any other language based scripts supporting to the Jenkins & CI CD to be able to run quickly for sanity testing and publish reports out to stakeholders on scheduling basis in the Jenkins server
4. Build/code repository backup such as GitHub, Serena/PVCS integration with Jenkins server automatically on scheduling basis
5. Improve efficiencies by introducing innovation and effective strategies using latest and greatest available automation tools in the market
6. Support for QA tools during patch upgrade, major/minor versions upgrade to the tools on the server
7. Assists with analysis on technical decisions (Ex. Risk verses Value-Add)
8. Analyze metrics for defects, issues, process timing, first pass yield, etc...
9. Ability to analyze software gaps and make recommendations to improve overall software quality.
10. Communicate metrics based on software quality to product team.
Key competencies required for this role:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 4 years of IT and QA and DevOps tools admin experience
· Must have demonstrated minimum of 2 years of strong experience as a admin in the CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub, Sonar Qube, Gradle scripts, Serena/PVCS etc.
· Good understanding of different software development life cycles (Agile, waterfall, iterative, etc…) and software quality assurance processes.
· Experience in Enterprise QA, Testing & Automation technics and tools (HP ALM/Quality Center, HP UFT/QTP, HP PPM, open source tools like Selenium or similar)
· Experience in support of SDLC tools and processes (ServiceNow, JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, GitHub, PVCS, or similar)
· Minimum 1year of testing and automating tests for large scale ERP (Oracle, SalesForce.com).
· Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
· Excellent co-ordination/communication skills are required
· Strong attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines.
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalised learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you possess excellent attention to detail and have outstanding communication skills, we want to talk to you.