TM1 Developer - Noida, India
has an opening for an experienced, innovative, and strategic BI Developer – TM1 based at Noida, India.
The BI Developer – TM1 in Global Technology Services is responsible for supporting McGraw-Hill Education’s (MHE) business intelligence and data services capabilities and to provide actionable, timely information to drive accurate financial reporting, performance monitoring and facilitate business decisions. The position requires hands-on duties with an emphasis in developing dynamic reporting solutions to be successful.
Your contribution to the team will include:
1. Analyze and translate business requirements to functional specifications and provide recommendations and right solution design.
2. Develop Functional and technical design specifications and documents.
3. Design and maintain large/complex cubes and dimensions following the best practices including strong knowledge of TM1 Rules and Processes.
4. Create and modify complex business logic into TM1 rules and increase performance.
5. Interact with client, developers and IT peers to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of modifications into the production environment.
6. Train system administrators and end-users on TM1 functionality, models, and report development utilizing best practices.
7. Work with IBM on debugging/trouble-shooting incidences and ticket resolution.
8. Analyze problem statements, suggest various options to address the problem specifying functionality, integrating systems, applying patches and participating in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Knowledge & Experience required for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 6+ years in business and information technology support with a focus on developing and delivering IT reporting solutions to enable decision making
- 6+ years of experience in delivering Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Minimum 5 years proven developer experience with TM1 in design, development, and architecture and system administration (Cognos TM1 version 10.1 or later is preferred)
- Knowledge of Cognos Planning Analytics, Cognos Command Center, Cognos Analytics, RestAPI preferred
- Experience with Cognos BI integration
- Experience with SQL (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Understanding of accounting/finance terms and concepts is required
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting, and forecasting functions and business processes
- Experience with using TM1 in conjunction with Oracle databases
- Experience leveraging Cloud computing solutions and architectures is a plus
- Participation in a Ledger conversion or knowledgeable with ERP packages (preferably Oracle eBusiness Suite) is a plus
- Strong hands-on experience across multiple Data Analytic, Business Intelligence, Big Data & Data Warehousing solutions is a plus
- Strong hands-on experience designing, administering, and implementing data integration tools using: Informatica, Alteryx, Pentaho Data Integration, Oracle Data Integrator, or Talend, etc is a plus
- Strong hands-on experience with Data Visualization and analytical reporting/dash boarding tools like Tableau, Qlikview, or equivalent is a plus
- Strong hands-on data modeling experience using (Kimball, Inmon) Data Warehousing best practices
2. Strong knowledge of TM1 Rules and TM1 processes
Familiarity with TM1 Read/Write contention and what causes TM1 performance issues
3. Familiarity with TM1 Multi-Thread Queries and MTQ programing methods
4. Familiarity with TM1 caching. Knowledge of smart cache is a plus
5. Experience with MDX scripting
6. Working knowledge of local currency reporting, budgeting, and estimating implementations in TM1
7. Understands challenges of a globally used TM1 system, global connectivity methods, and global data load challenges
8. Strong hands-on experience with Turbo Integrator
9. Knows complex TM1 rules programming and best practices for writing dynamic and efficient rules
10. Must know programming and Rules for TM1 Cube to Cube data flows
11. Implemented Dynamic cube to cube models with the TM1 cubes having different dimensionalities
12. Strong experience in SQL including writing TM1 programs with Oracle SQL pulls
13. Experience with TM1 systems that pull and store multi-currency data from Oracle R12 GL
14. Familiar with Oracle General Ledger tables and familiar with query impacts of Oracle records after revaluation and after translation
15. Some coding experience with VBA development used to solve a business problem
16. Proficient with Oracle PL/SQL
17. Solution delivery w/in SDLC (Agile and Waterfall)
18. Experience with next generation BI platforms & Big Data solutions and architectures is a plus
19. BI / Data Analytics / Data Architecture / Big Data certifications is a plus
20. Education, Publishing, Media or equivalent industry experience is a plus
- Complete understanding of BI concepts, best practices, etc.
- Proven ability to translate business objectives to technology solutions
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills - including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation - across a broad range of levels in the organization
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Proven ability to evaluate existing BI & data architectures and to define a strategy for improvement
- Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including effective meeting management; prepare and present (PowerPoint/Visio); documentation templates for various procedures when needed
- Ability to work dynamically in both team and independent environments is necessary
- Ability to pick up complex concepts and processes quickly
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalised learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. If you possess excellent attention to detail and have outstanding communication skills, we want to talk to you.