Product Manager, Direct Instruction - Columbus, OH
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Product Manager, Direct Instruction preferred in our Columbus, OH office but open nationwide to a remote home office as well. Does this sound like you?
As part of our PreK-12 business, you’ll be part of a team that creates robust digital tools, curriculum and learning solutions in a variety of formats that are used by millions of educators and students every day.
We are looking for a strategic problem solver who is comfortable making decisions and leading through change. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Product Manager supports the vision, strategy, development, and delivery of market-leading solutions in the Intervention & Acceleration Portfolio. Of primary importance is the role within the product development efforts for one of the most trusted, successful, and long-lasting product lines in K-12 education—Direct Instruction.
Your knowledge of educational technology, product development, and classroom teaching will combine with marketing inputs to define product and service solutions that are effective, engaging, efficient, and easy to use. You must be energized through meaningful collaboration with cross-functional teams, including content experts, project managers, business managers, and product marketing managers. You champion the voice of the customer and provide leadership to a large project team to maintain a consistent product vision.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Understand the voice of the customer, including the relevant user, buyer, and market/competitive landscape
- Set product strategy, including the product vision, roadmap timeline, business goals, and lifecycle management
- Clearly articulate the business case for new products, extending a product line, or enhancing an existing offering
- Manage overall financial and product performance, including revenue, profit, and loss through the product lifecycle—from strategic planning to market launch to product retirement
- Lead cross-functional groups in solution design, concept development, and decision-making on component array
- Stay abreast of research-based instructional techniques to inform the product development process
- Define and prioritize product requirements throughout product development and versioning in every format of product delivery
- Facilitate research throughout development and versioning process to support efficient investments and a customer focus
- Serve as an internal and external spokesperson around messaging, go-to-market strategy, and marketing plan execution
- Support the launch of the product by collaborating with content experts, marketing, and sales
- Continuously monitor product performance, the competitive environment, and market changes so that you can increase product effectiveness and ultimately drive profitability
- Five plus years of experience related to instructional solutions; expertise in both digital and print delivery; preferably a background in Intervention and/or Literacy
- Bachelor’s degree in education, marketing, or business field(s)
- Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy and the K-12 teaching environment with teaching experience, preferred
- Confident, objective, inquisitive, motivated, collaborative self-starter
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; must be a direct, articulate, and thoughtful communicator
- Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs and thus form cohesive, engaging solutions that are profitable; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions
- Knowledgeable regarding educational methodologies, instructional design, technology development, and production processes
- Proactive, flexible leader who takes personal responsibility for product development
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate across teams
- Desire and ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment, while gracefully dealing with various levels of challenges
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? You’ll have the opportunity to unlock your potential, both professional and personally. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States