Content Developer - Whitby, ON
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Content Developer. Does this sound like you?
The Content Developer is accountable for content development across our suite of learning solutions/digital media from pre-planning to authoring to production and go-live. The CD works closely with the product management team to identify and ensure appropriate enhancements to deliver market-driven personalized adaptive learning resources and ancillaries. The CD collaborates with the production team and consults with international peers to develop authoritative and creative new content and solutions for online learning. The CD works with authors, subject matter experts, and vendors to deliver these products on-time and on-budget.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Content Development Manager. You will work in our Whitby office until our office moves to Toronto in August.
- Act as product champion, liaising with portfolio management, authors, subject matter experts, vendors, digital developers, and production, from establishing strategic product concepts to go-to market readiness.
- Train authors in various platforms to prepare core content, learning resources and ancillaries.
- Continually monitor content in development to ensure that authors are addressing the needs of the market. Provide author feedback on content quality, style, resources, etc.
- Maintain relationships with various parties throughout the development process, including internal teams (production, sales, marketing) and external stakeholders (authors, subject matter experts, vendors).
- Establish and track dates throughout development and production to ensure on-time delivery.
- Prepare design specs, including details of new or revised elements.
- Initiate quality checks and guide vendors, subject matter experts, and authors through the quality process.
- Prepare product and ancillaries for production, monitor through to completion.
- Contribute to digital optimization efforts by embracing new technologies and helping establish efficient processes for working with them.
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two plus years of product/content development or related experience
- Ability to bring products/content to market with speed, accuracy and ingenuity
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve across a wide range of stakeholders
- Skilled at prioritizing and balancing multiple projects, managing and meeting competing deadlines
- Comfortable leading and participating in change management initiatives
- Market research and analytical skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, internet applications
A successful candidate may have:
- Experience working with technology teams in an agile environment
- Understanding of Instructional Design
- Project management skills
- Understanding of HTML and CSS