Designer - Burr Ridge, IL
McGraw Hill Education is looking for a strong candidate to join our team in the role of Designer working in our Burr Ridge, or IL Dubuque, IA office.
Our Higher Education team delivers powerful platforms, highly personalized course materials, and effective learning supplements to help students achieve their goals at every stage of their academic and professional careers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Responsible for driving digital design in Habitat. Responsible for providing high quality, contemporary interior and cover designs that will translate to digital uses in ecommerce for our higher education products. Interior designs are implemented through the Habitat platform as well as a traditional workflow. Prepare electronic cover mechanicals and review printer proofs for accuracy and quality. Work with Brand Managers and Product Developers, Program Managers, Content Project Managers, Marketing Managers, and Design Manager to develop, design, and produce a product that is suitable for the market.
- Envision and develop designs that are optimized for digital outputs and accessibility. Guide product team in re-envisioning traditional products for digital outputs.
- Consult with editorial, marketing, and production departments on specific design requirements and limitations.
- Monitor project progress. Review all stages of proofs on assigned titles.
- Responsible for improving schedules, controlling or reducing costs, and monitoring quality of work.
- Management of outside vendors and freelance designers. Work with outside resources to develop cover and interior designs. Responsible for maintaining or improving schedules, controlling design budgets, and monitoring quality of work.
- This position requires someone who is self-motivated, multi-task oriented and able to work well across several departments. The right candidate will need talent combined with the energy, and inspiration to bring to life outstanding design solutions.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and/or independently from concept to completion. Must have the ability to lead others and communicate well with outside vendors. The right candidate will be expected to contribute to planning and scheduling activities, so strong written communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Must stay current on industry trends and take initiative to continually develop digital skillset.
- Responsible for management of assigned projects. Participate in projects from concept through final product delivery.
- Responsible for managing product associated with $11M in annual net sales and $6M in plant for managed projects. Contribute to meeting or beating annual EBITDA targets by managing plant budgets and maintaining product schedules.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned product with high level of efficiency, speed to market, and top quality suitable for customer needs.
- Portfolio required. Please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with digital content authoring tools and all related technologies, including ePub, HTML, CSS, SASS, and other emerging technologies.
- Habitat experience a plus.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and tight deadlines while ensuring consistent progress on projects.
- Proficiency in publishing workflows and digital toolsets.
- Responsible for the successful, on-time delivery of design projects and will require industry and general technical knowledge (especially CSS and HTML) as well as organizational, communication, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions or inquiries from supervisor, customers, coworkers, coordinating personnel, etc.
- Strong communication and decision making skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
The Designer is responsible for the translation of product vision into digital and print product including interiors and covers of our higher education products, including all related support materials. Designers lead the product team through digital workflows using content management systems such as Habitat. Designer will also supervise and coordinate design projects with vendors and freelance designers.
If this describes your background and expertise, we want to hear from you.
Why work for McGraw-Hill Education? We make your life easier and better, and you, smarter. Click here to learn more!
North America-United States-Iowa-Dubuque